Fake YouTube Pages Used to Spread Viruses

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just great…that fake YouTube page generator we told you about a month ago (here) is now in the wild wreaking havoc on unsuspecting web surfers. As always, be careful what you click on and pass the word, not the worm.

Even some sophisticated surfers could get taken in by a sneaky new attack in which criminals create fake YouTube pages -- dead-on replicas of the real site -- to push their malicious software and make it look like it's safe stuff coming from a trusted source.

Thats why i only watch videos from youtube on youtube not some external sites!

Damn, what will they think of next, fake Microsoft download offers ???????? Free Vista ???????

No "sophisticated user" should be dumb enough to believe they suddenly need to install something to watch a youtube video.

I got sent the link to there by a friend because they got the virus so i told them its a virus. Good thing i run linux.

Well I received a Phishing spam message reported as vitality...with <a href="virus_site> Vitality Youtube Channel</a> I inmiedately reported it as phishing to gmail.

Im trying to find the url to it, it was something like webcam.*****serve.com or something like that. But there main page was a hosting site and they they offered 100GB bandwith.

Well, I knew about this stuff long ago... Not really that alarming.

I'm still waiting until Facebook is 100% virus safe before I go back on.

3 weeks trying to get rid of the toughest pain the in ass viruses on your parent's PC sucks. :mad:

I got sent the link to there by a friend because they got the virus so i told them its a virus. Good thing i run linux.

http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/news/articles/2006/02/macosxleap.html

"Sophos discovered an OpenOffice multi-platform macro worm capable of running on Windows, Linux and Mac computers. The BadBunny worm dropped Ruby script viruses on Mac OS X systems, and displayed an indecent JPEG image of a man wearing a rabbit costume. "

good thing linux isn't invincible anymore. slightly off topic

anyways, yeah no need to install "ActiveX plugins" from youtube links.

however, it might bait some Windows 64bit users (who are running 64 bit Internet Explorer) if these pop-ups claim to install a new 64bit flash update in order to watch flash videos on 64bit browsers.

that actually wouldn't be a bad idea if you were socially engineering phony youtube sites.

Reformatting can even cure AIDs so I heard:rolleyes:
Also much painless than trying to clean out said junk.

http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/news/articles/2006/02/macosxleap.html

"Sophos discovered an OpenOffice multi-platform macro worm capable of running on Windows, Linux and Mac computers. The BadBunny worm dropped Ruby script viruses on Mac OS X systems, and displayed an indecent JPEG image of a man wearing a rabbit costume. "

good thing linux isn't invincible anymore. slightly off topic

anyways, yeah no need to install "ActiveX plugins" from youtube links.

however, it might bait some Windows 64bit users (who are running 64 bit Internet Explorer) if these pop-ups claim to install a new 64bit flash update in order to watch flash videos on 64bit browsers.

that actually wouldn't be a bad idea if you were socially engineering phony youtube sites.

Thanks for the info, but the site I got linked to wanted me to install a .exe so I was fine.

Back