Fake Video Is Still Good Fun

It's apparently some publicity stunt or marketing compaign.

The guy didn't hack the monitors - they were being controlled by the operator. The city was in on it.

The video is good and very well done...

...it's just that tech savvy people know that you aren't getting video output from a headphone jack and the components used are bullshit.

Forget the video stuff... I'm surprised cops weren't on them for holding modified devices that could potentially be bombs.

My Nokia N95 had video output from headphone jack.

I have a portable DVD player that puts its video and audio out through a headphone jack. Ok, well it's actually a video/audio jack I guess, but the point is that it looks identical to a headphone jack.

I have a portable DVD player that puts its video and audio out through a headphone jack. Ok, well it's actually a video/audio jack I guess, but the point is that it looks identical to a headphone jack.

Older iPods used them too, not sure about the new ones:
https://themanicramblingsofaswede.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/ipod-to-tv-hack/

I'm thinking he must have had help from the owners of those screens to fake this, there were reflections of people in motion over his video, which I am assuming is quite hard to do.

Forget the video stuff... I'm surprised cops weren't on them for holding modified devices that could potentially be bombs.

what times are we living in if you think a phone with some random and small piece of junk attached to it could be a potential bomb that would even draw attention of police? maybe at some point this terror paranoia will go away, hopefully.

Back