Fake New Build

vividshock

Weaksauce
Currently I'm barely using my computer to its full potential and my brother wanted my computer so he can emulate ps2 games (he has phenom II x4 965 not oced) anyways long story short we're pretty much switching computers except for my RAM, PSU, GPU,and SSD in my sig and I'm thinking of going into fake water cooling i.e. Swiftech H220-X.

Now I'm wondering what decent cases are there for it as I wanted to get the CM HAF 912. but then figured out that it wasn't compatible with it and I have no clue on what to get as I've only dealt with Matx cases. Planning to OC the phenom + 7950 to the max so I need something with good airflow. I'd prefer a mid-tower, but I'm not opposed to full tower with a budget of $150. Also if it's real good as in I'll keep it for a whole lifetime then I wouldn't mind ponying up more monies.

I think the Fractal R5 and Corsair 330R are both great cases. I like the clean fronts. I know the 330R even though it's mid tower can generally handle ATXe. The Fractal R5 can handle ATX.

One 7950 shouldn't be hard to cool, especially if you're piping the CPU heat out anyways.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro should meet your needs for about $99

You could do a high air flow cube like the Corsair air540 for just under $150

Corsair 600T with the screen side panel would be worth looking at.

Like Zaniix said, Phanteks Enthoo Pro gets my vote. Great case and very modular. I like it more than my Fractal Design R4.

Mhmmm this was a hard choice, but I guess I'm going for the corsair air 540 as the Phanteks Enthoo Pro was a bit too large too large for my desk. Anyways thanks for the suggestions guys as they were all really great cases.

MY top pick would have been the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M which is smaller, but you can't buy the damn thing and Phanteks has not indicated why or when you will be able to other than soon

I think the Fractal R5 and Corsair 330R are both great cases. I like the clean fronts.
I've used both and agree.

I know the R5 is a popular go-to but the 330r has its merits. Most important to me is it's smaller than the R5. I tinker w/my build up to 2-3 times a week and the thing I hate most about the R5 is its size and weight; it really is a beast to move around. And based on my desk setup, the R5 limits how much I can move my center monitor back due to its large foot print.

I also think the 330r looks better.

But those aside, the R5 shines in every other way. It has a good number of configurations for both air and water cooling, and its large size makes it a dream to work with internally. Cable management also appears to be a primary objective w/the R5, whereas it seemed (to me) to be an afterthought in the 330r.

Of the 2 I prefer the R5 (there are ways to reduce its weight), but I wouldn't hesitate to use the 330r again.

Last edited:
Do H-240x get bought out often? After 2 nights of debating I decided to go with H-240x instead. I know recently they restocked they H-220x. Would it be logical to assume they would be manufacturing more H-240x now? Currently its out of stock in swiftech's website.

Back