FairUse4WM

• Thread starter Deleted member 169154
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 169154

Tried searching and could not find anything about this software.

I legally have music. If I use FairUse4WM to remove the protection, am I breaking the law?

I know that programs like TuneBite are legal, but this works differently than those.

you're allowed to make a backup disk of stuff you legally own. If there's protection you need to go around just to burn your copy.. by all means go for it.

In some way or another, yes, fairuse4wm does break the law. Its really hard to explain, but summed up it breaks DRM protection... tunebite or muvaudio on the other hand, are just playing back your music and re-recording it so technically its not breaking and drm code.

Oh and going from wma > wma > mp3 like youd do with fairuse4wm is MUCH slower than going from wma > mp3 like with tunebite or muvaudio at high multiplier settings so Id just go that route.

In some way or another, yes, fairuse4wm does break the law. Its really hard to explain, but summed up it breaks DRM protection... tunebite or muvaudio on the other hand, are just playing back your music and re-recording it so technically its not breaking and drm code.

Oh and going from wma > wma > mp3 like youd do with fairuse4wm is MUCH slower than going from wma > mp3 like with tunebite or muvaudio at high multiplier settings so Id just go that route.

I would like to do that, but those cost money. Anything like TuneBite that is free?

I would like to do that, but those cost money. Anything like TuneBite that is free?

A free and all-in-one solution that does the same job as Tunebite? Not that I've seen.

The better question is this -- How much is your time worth in doing this manually through using several tiny apps? Think about the sum of the listening time of every track you want to apply this to, and see if it's worth more than ~30 USD (price seen at tunebite.com). Base your decision on that.

I much prefer fair4wm than tunebite, for videos anyway. whereas fairuse4wm actually removes the drm protection, tunebite records your media again so it is free from drm (i think). I just prefer the quality give with fairuse4wm.

Tried searching and could not find anything about this software.

do you mean that you can't find the software, or that you couldn't find any info. about it?

I much prefer fair4wm than tunebite, for videos anyway. whereas fairuse4wm actually removes the drm protection, tunebite records your media again so it is free from drm (i think). I just prefer the quality give with fairuse4wm.

do you mean that you can't find the software, or that you couldn't find any info. about it?

I meant I could not find any forum info.

Back