fairly urgent help needed

McRackin

Limp Gawd
my friend was an idiot and bought a pre-configured futureshop computer. as we all know, these pre-config computers come loaded with dozens and dozens of trial software and useless programs that are more harmful then good for the system as a whole. after 3 months his computer is already dead. im about to format it and install a fresh version of vista on it, but i want to make sure that i can use my vista CD with his serial code... instead of his 'futureshop recovery disc', that will just load a bunch of crap on it again.

Yes you can, as long as you install the same version he already has, use his key and activate when done.

A program called the decrapifier leaves your registry a little tattered, but it gets 90%+ of it off.

btw for Americans, futureshop is bestbuys Canadian dumping ground for unsellable and broken crap.

Yes you can, as long as you install the same version he already has, use his key and activate when done.
Yep this will work. This past week I've done this on a Gateway and a Dell, using the same version of Vista, and their keys.

Back