Failure to Boot...please help

noahabel

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
88
So for some inexplicable reason, my system is now refusing to boot. My rig (as described in my sig) will fire up, the diagnostic LEDs on the mobo show confirmed CPU, memory and VGA detection, but the boot process is stopping just after the screen lists the CPU type. And while a connected PS/2 keyboard flashes on boot and shows power, I cannot enter the BIOS or boot menu at all. It is simply frozen and stopped at that point.

So I've tried a "safe boot" jumper fix and then a CMOS clear jumper solution (which brought back the DFI Lanparty logo screen), to no avail. I've pulled each mem module and swapped them in all appropriate configurations and no fix. The system was working fine until I shut it down the night before save one issue: Windows reported some problem loading or shutting down this program - regsvr.exe. Now, I know that this could effect the OS boot, but I seem to be having some major hardware issues. I can't even get to my OS.

Thoughts and help are super, duper appreciated. Absolutely nothing physically happened to the rig between normal operation and this major FUBAR conundrum.

TIA.
 
I wouldn't think it's a HDD issue since the boot process never gets to the HDD/OS stage. It never even gets to the primary boot devices (CD-Roms).

As for PSU, how can I verify this? All my cooling fans are running fine and the mobo reflects MEM power via LED, at least
 
Back
Top