Failure to boot, computer turns off

daveatx

Weaksauce
Gigabtye z68

Computer doesn't boot up, no display, no post, just turns on for a few seconds and turns off and repeats. The fans are spinning, and the fan controller works. I managed to get into the bios once when I cleared the cmos, but it turned off immediately.

CPU: i5 3550
Mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
Cpu heatsink: Antec kuhler Shelf
Case: NZXT Vulcan
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 8gb,
PSU: 500W Coolermaster

Sounds like maybe teh board id contact gigabyte for tech support. Guud Luck

Try placing the motherboard on a cardboard or mobo box and power it on from there. If it works, it may be a grounding issue.

Do you have another PSU you can test with?

How about booting with just 1 stick of RAM?

Any beeps?

Does it make any beeping sounds at all? If so, look it up in your mobo manual to diagnose.

Does it make any beeping sounds at all? If so, look it up in your mobo manual to diagnose.

I actually posted this for a friend whos monitoring this thread, but I asked him the same thing. He said it never beeps when he turns the computer on. It didn't come with a bios speaker enclosed in the box. I was looking at pictures too, and I couldn't find an integrated one.

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

Try placing the motherboard on a cardboard or mobo box and power it on from there. If it works, it may be a grounding issue.

He's going to try to start the mobo without the case like you said, to see if it was in fact a grounding issue.

Back