"Failed to load detection driver" error

mikeczyz

Limp Gawd
Having major issues here.

I started having issues a week ago. I would load windows vista and get a BSOD...with the failure registering in an atixxx.dll

I figured it was a driver error so I tried reinstalling my drivers. I did a driver sweep and started up the install.exe. Halfway through, the install would either crash my entire system or I would get a "Failed to load detection driver" error. Very frustrating.

Last night, I reinstalled Vista. Drastic, I know. I installed all of the updates. I then tried to reinstall the CCC package. SAME ERROR! I looked online for some fixes. THis one:
http://www.driverheaven.net/driverh...load-detection-driver-installation-error.html

seemed promising but didn't work for me.

I don't know what else to do. Any ideas? I might end up selling my 4870 and buying a Nvidia product just to avoid this issue. I am SOOOOO frustrated right now.

Config:
Intel E7200
Visiontek 4870 512MB
4 Gigs of Ram
Vista 64 bit
GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L mobo

Have you tried just installing the driver and nothing else of CCC?

Do you do the install with Windows defender/firewall turned off?

Is there any CCC package that doesn't do this (8.10)?

What is the stop code on the BSOD?

my experience with drive sweep is that you can delete to much which can cause the error.A fresh install should have corrected the problem.What version of the drivers are you using?With the new ones I just install over the old ones with no ill effects.

I've tried several packages...8.10 and 9.3 and 9.4. They all fail.

I will try to get the stop code on the BSOD

I've tried several packages...8.10 and 9.3 and 9.4. They all fail.

I will try to get the stop code on the BSOD

You can download just the display driver without all the other stuff.

Also, I just updated from the hotfix that got rid of my code 43 to CCC 9.4 and I got the dreaded "disabled adapter" error again. I was going to download the 08 C++ thing, but saw a new MS Installer 4.5 so I thought I would give it a try since I know the very first time I went through this, I was getting install errors in the MS install logger. I installed and rebooted and my code 43 disappeared. I rebooted just to make sure and it is still running fine. Its hotfix 942288 Windows installer Redistributable download. I grabbed the windows 6.0 (Vista) x64 version download. We'll see how things go when I update to 9.5 when it comes out, but my hopes are a lot higher than they were before. It's dated June of last year, but I doubt very few know about it or have downloaded it. I didn't even know where to find the version I had, but figured I should get it since I was having problems earlier.

ughhh, cant install that hot fix while in safe mode but i cant boot into anything other THAN safe mode. FML.

You can't even get into normal boot if you uninstall the ATI package?

I got code 43 back after I restarted my pc after I got home from work the following day, it runs 24/7. When it came back in I had my code 43 back, sigh. So, after doing some looking around, I saw someone suggest they had the same problems over and over again and they reinstalled the 9.4s over again and it fixed their problem. I did this and my code 43 went away. I even updated to the 9.5 beta without problems.

Okay,

So I got it into non-safe mode. I installed that update you mentioned but it told me that the update was non applicable.

I went through an endless cycle of safe mode--uninstall driver--normal mode--install driver--reboot--crash--safe mode--uninstall--install different driver--reboot--crash--safe mode

i dont know what else to do so I've sold my 4870 and purchased a gtx 275. by switching to team green, i should be able to avoid the ati driver issue.

poop.

The card was working 2 weeks ago so I don't know what could've gone wrong.

Also, I tested my computer...24 hours of Orthos and it's fine.

Cards can go bad though. Pretty damn odd error none the less. All's working well with the NV card now, right?

Back