Failed Fan on 5870

babochee

Gawd
Hello everyone!
Well my fan hasnt failed yet but its getting there. Im getting an extremely LOUD noise from the fan every once and a while where its spinning really slow while making the sound and I have had to flip my whole computer upside down and manually stop the fan and let the fan reset itself to get the noise to stop. Sometimes I have to do it 3 or 4 times to get it to run normal for a few minutes sometimes hours before it happens again. Its been 2 days and having my computer flipped upside down is getting kinda ridiculous so.. my questions are...

Has anyone had or heard of failed fans being an issue with these 5xxx cards? And where can i get a replacement?

I was thinking of posting on Sell/Trade to see if anyone upgrading to water is willing to sell off there old cooler but if I can just get a fan that would be sweet... Ive emailed ATI and Sapphire about getting the parts only because http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1489586&highlight=5870+fan didnt really come up with any great aftermarket solutions. Just looking for a little help here, thx

Oh and my card is past warranty =( gg Sapphire.

well I have already taken apart the thing hoping something was just stuck in the fan... nope =( cleaning its out with air didnt help... and ive flashed it with so many bioses to get it to stop crashing to vertical lines and having flickering on the monitors its not even funny. 10.1 drivers crash it more than 9.11 and 9.12 isnt working to well either. Ive had to keep the fan @ 50% to keep it stable on 9.11 maybe thats why my fan went?

Are you flipping the computer upside down while it's running? I wouldn't continue to do that unless your system doesn't have any mechanical HDDs in it. :eek:

Want my stock heatsink from my 5870?
I've got a water block on mine so I don't need it. It wasn't used long and worked fine when I removed it.
PM me if interested

Back