Fail Over Cluster Lab

MarkedOne

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone, I want to setup a small lab to play with Failover Cluster , It will consist of 2 Hyper-V servers as host and a Synology storage for my iSCII , another 2008 r2 server to host VMM and PDM and a small server use as DC,
I will like to have the management on a separate network, but it will need 5 nic on some server and a second nic on my Storage, so I want your idea on share it with the SAN network

SO what do you think, keep in mind performance is not an issue here as it's a test lab

foc.jpg

What equipment do you have already ?
And what is your available equipment ?
Is there a reason for Hyper-V in particular ? Why not VMware which is more standard on the market and could also run a embedded Hyper-V solution.

I just build myself a complete lab home (VMware vSphere5).
2 Cluster (High Availability + Fault Tolerance)
1 vSphere Server/Windows Workstation
1 SAN (nothing like Synology expensive slow pof)

I see you are from Quebec if i can trust the information on your diagram, i am to (u can speak french if you prefer) so if you want i could propose you a solution depending of your answer.

thanks Altivec , I have all the hardware; the 2 host are 1090t with 16GB and the VMM and DPM is a FX 8120 with also 16 Gb, I have already a Synology here so I will use it, I also have a supcsription to Technet and I want it Microsoft not VMware as I already have a VMware setup. After I will check the new VM solution of Intel.

Back