Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy Demo (HIGLY RECOMMENDED)

I installed it last night but I didnt have time to play much. What I did see was very interesting. I'm going to try it out this weekend.

I haven't heard anything about this game, but it doesn't seem too impressive...I read up on the plot on the game's website, and the description sounds like it was written by a 10th grader. We'll see.

Are you...allowed to do anything in the demo? It makes absolutely no sense. Story line is cool, but once you murder the guy you can't do anything, or am I just missing something? The cop comes in and the end. Retarded.

***SPOILERS***

The controls suck, you have to move the mouse in a retarded way. Also, there's no way to skip the cutscenes and they take forever, with that whole director thing. Anyway it's hard to tell if the game is good as the demo was so short (3mins intro, 3 mins game about until officer comes), but it was interesting.

The trailer looks pretty cool though, you can watch it here:
ftp://ftp.download-center.com/international/fahrenheit/Fahrenheit_trailer2.zip
The fire hydrant alien-killing part in the office building is getting kind of trite... ;)

What the hell I'll give it a shot. I am downloading it now and I'll play it this weekend.

I was going to give it a shot, but I just stopped my download since most everyone just told me the entire happenings of the demo. Nice.

Tiny said:
I was going to give it a shot, but I just stopped my download since most everyone just told me the entire happenings of the demo. Nice.
I have to agree. Why not warn people before giving spoilers?? You'd be pissed too if someone came on here and told you the ending of a new movie and didn't warn you before hand. Come on people. :confused:

I loved it, defiently going to be getting the retail version.

I'm an adventure nut and I just loved it.

Basically this game isn't like most games at all, you literally "pick" different ways to do things that lead to different paths in the story.

The so called "Murder" isn't a spoiler, it is in about EVERY trailer for this game and it's the starting of the game, not the ending.

The controls do take getting used to (you can remap the movement controls to w/s/a/d) and the mouse gestures you get used to.

It's basically an adventure game that allows you to logically play out many different "parts" to a story instead of giving you one "pathway" to complete.

Wow. Definately the shortest Demo I've ever played. Ever. I like the premise, the story seems interesting too, it's been a while since I've played a story based adventure game (not since not having a TV for the ps2) so it's a nice refresher. Anyone get a bit of a shenmue feel to it?

-wil

From the trailer it looked like Silent Hill with other living people, is the game supposed to be scary at all? If it is, I may investigate.

retardedchicken said:
From the trailer it looked like Silent Hill with other living people, is the game supposed to be scary at all? If it is, I may investigate.
I think it's supposed to be more of a suspense story than a horror story. Probably more sensational than what you might find in a typical detective story. So probably no jump out of your seat scary, but I would think anxious is a better word. "Did I do the right thing... shit! I hope the DA doesn't find out!"

Hey, this game looks pretty good. I found the controls and camera pretty bad, but other than that, it looks very promising. The demo was too short for me to make a conclusive decision, but I will probably give this game a try when it comes out.

Looks very nice, I saw it was made by the same people that made Omikron and that was one of my favorite games on the DC. I'm having trouble with them demo however. Seems I can't interact with objects no matter which buttons I press. Is that intentional?

You interact with the mouse, not keys. That is why I thought the controls were pretty poor.

peacetilence said:
Looks very nice, I saw it was made by the same people that made Omikron and that was one of my favorite games on the DC. I'm having trouble with them demo however. Seems I can't interact with objects no matter which buttons I press. Is that intentional?

You use mouse "gestures"

When you move in front of an item you can interact with simply press (and hold) down the left mouse button and then move the mouse in the direction indicated.

Stiler said:
You use mouse "gestures"

When you move in front of an item you can interact with simply press (and hold) down the left mouse button and then move the mouse in the direction indicated.

Yeah, gestures. I meant that, sorry! I found that extremely clumsy, but it may be because I didn't get enough time to get used to it.

Controls were definately a bit awkward at first, but nothing too bad. I will definately be buying this game. It's a nice change of pace from all the FPS, mmorpgs, and fantasy hack and slash games that seem to flood the market. :)

Although the demo was unbelievably short, I enjoyed it.
It's quite innovative in the use of the controls as well as the whole "you direct this story" thing.

I'll probably pick it up when it's at a reasonable price.

The whole Matrix scene with the supernatural guy was kinda :confused: though... (that's in the trailer, so don't knock me for spoiling it)... same goes for the alien crap. :|
The hell...

Oh, and I also liked how they put the Freedom Tower in NYC. :) It's too bad that particular design was scrapped...

The18thLetter said:
Although the demo was unbelievably short, I enjoyed it.
It's quite innovative in the use of the controls as well as the whole "you direct this story" thing.

I'll probably pick it up when it's at a reasonable price.

The whole Matrix scene with the supernatural guy was kinda :confused: though... (that's in the trailer, so don't knock me for spoiling it)... same goes for the alien crap. :|
The hell...

Oh, and I also liked how they put the Freedom Tower in NYC. :) It's too bad that particular design was scrapped...

I think they are supposed to be more of demons than aliens, judging from all the altars and reveresed stars(forget what they are called)in the trailer.

In those three (or whatever) minutes you can do a lot of things to avoid getting arrested...
-DO NOT examine the window where the crow is, you will get a major hit to your morale (or whatever it is called)
-clean the blood off your face and arms (use the sink that is working)
-hide the body in the stall
-hide the murder weapon (its near the urinals)
-exit the bathroom and pick up your bill
-go up to the cashier and pay the bill
-go to the jukebox and play a song to get a morale boost
-exit the diner and find the taxi
-get in the taxi and.... sorry this is as far as I got....

Very interesting I must. I will wait for the reviews to see which version (PC or XBOX) to get. There looks to be a lot of button press mini-games (like in Resident Evil 4) which is cool. The music is good too. I actually liked the intro by the director, it would be cool if you could unlock commentaries and such as extras.

Definately a game to watch! This is pretty cool. Short, but got the idea of how the game plays and an awesome "teaser" much like a movie trailer is.

Reminds me of a video game version of "Choose your own adventure" books

I too thought the controls were a bit clumsy at first, but I played through it 3 times to see different things. By the third time It was a piece of cake. Will definatly be picking this one up.

Ok...after letting my bitterness subside...I downloaded it and played it. I am very interested in this game.

The only problem that I had was mopping the blood...I must have just clicked-and-hold a dozen times before I figured it out.

After I played around a bit more, I sorta like the controls. It takes a bit to get, but after a while they become second nature, as most games do. Yes, when this comes out, I will get it. Looks like one of the more involving games in a while. I just hope it stays strong throughout.

took a while to figure out how to work the controls and stuff, and it was super super short. but i liked it :D

I will be buying this game when it comes out, only $40 starting.

Seems pretty cool. Left me wanting more. Like stated above, took me a while to figure out how to mop. :D

I am so looking forward to this. I am a old school adventure game fan (dating back to the sierra quest games and lucasfilm games, hell, i even played zork...fckin grues) so this has piqued my interest.

Presentation is very 24ish, not a bad thing (love that show) and the controls are fine (how hard are gestures anyways).

Plus I liked the cheesy director intro, shows a man who is proud of his work so that tells me we have a good chance of a quality game.

Please please please.

yeah the intro really got me into a "twilight zone" kind of supernatural mood :)

kudos for using new ideas in gaming (a rarity these days, with all the capitalism and whatnot)

>-exit the diner and find the taxi

I'd insert "go into alley and look at man" here. Doesn't give you any immediate benefit, but it might have an impact later (in the real game, that is). Same thing for sitting down at your table and doing the beverage-gesture to check out the coffe, and eating (which gave +5 on the stress meter IIRC). You should also go back into the first stall after cleaning up and check the floor.

>-get in the taxi and.... sorry this is as far as I got....

Is it possible to pay at the cashiers and get change for the phone? I'm guessing not.

Too bad the game is so buggy. I've gotten a crash and severe graphics bugs (corrupted 3d objects). And the sound.. let's not talk about the very very severe static I get mixed in.

Let us also pray to the GrokSave Gawds that they allow "save anytime" and not some stupid checkpoint system. At least on the PC. The console folks can have their checkpoints and limited saves and everyone will be happy.

I wanted to add one important thing about the gesture system. The key is understanding that slow moving dots are actions that are done in one smooth motion.

Fast moving dots represent actions that require moving back and forth (left-right or up-down).

If you move back-and-forth for slow-moving dots you'll start the action, then cancel, then start... and it'll look like you're dancing.

Man, I wonder where you hide the knife. Can't wait to play the detectives and find out. Too bad you couldn't drop it in the pocket of the man closest to the emergency exit. He's ripe for some "attitude readjustment".

Is there anyway to skip the directer and then long ass ingame movie parts? first time i played it the game crashed when i tried to leave the diner, and i really didnt feel like watching all that again.

Bump with a question; was I the only one to get severe static in the sound in the demo? It was the same on both SB Live! and SB Audigy 2 ZS for me, though a little better on the Audigy 2.

If that doesn't get fixed in the full game... well, it's going to ruin it completely for me.

You can grab the mop and try to clean up the blood, unsuccessfully.

You can sit down and eat your meal before you leave. You notice coffee there and wonder why, since you hate coffee.

You can sit down at the counter and watch TV.

The subway is another escape route.

If you walk into the alley, you can select on the bum, but it doesn't get you anything.

Running out the back exit doesn't set off the fire alarm, but the cop may get up quicker.

Back