FAHCORE_A3.exe has stopped working

Cypher-

[H]ard|Gawd
I'll be surprised if anyone has a solution to this but I figured I would ask anyway. I've had this happen 3 or 4 times now all caused by watching a hi-def movie. Here are some more specific specs:

-SMP 7 since I have two video cards running as well
Ive only seen it on bigadv WU's. I think the count is 3 times on a 2684 and once on a 2686. However, I don't think this happens on regular SMP units but I am not sure because I've lucky not to get stuck with them for a while.
Every time it has happened it was during watching a 720p or 1080p movie in VLC player. The error pops up and the console window doesn't do anything until I press close on the error. The console then says:

[12:42:17] CoreStatus = C0000029 (-1073741783)
[12:42:17] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000029
[12:42:17] Deleting current work unit & continuing...

However if you ctrl-c it quick enough it wont actually delete the WU and when you restart it the WU continues where it left off.

Any ideas what this could be? I've had this overclock going for a few weeks now without any other issues so I don't know if that is what is causing it or not. Other then that I am all out of ideas.

i think that is a memory issue....atleast i think that is the error code i was getting on my 9450 when my memory was unstable, but i dont know if its the same one tbh....Tobit come help him !

I vote memory. I used to see these all the time. bigadv uses more memory, so I would normally only see them on bigadv. Don't be fooled if you can pass memtest or LinX. Mine did too, but I still continuously saw this error. After extensive testing and identifying/replacing a couple of bad modules, I now no longer see them on any of my machines.

Ok that gives me a good starting point. I do have 1600 memory running at 1708. Should I loosen the timings or give them one more notch of voltage?

For the record the memory in question is this. Right now its running at 1.65v and 8-8-8-24-88 2T.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'll be surprised if anyone has a solution to this but I figured I would ask anyway. I've had this happen 3 or 4 times now all caused by watching a hi-def movie. Here are some more specific specs:

-SMP 7 since I have two video cards running as well
Ive only seen it on bigadv WU's. I think the count is 3 times on a 2684 and once on a 2686. However, I don't think this happens on regular SMP units but I am not sure because I've lucky not to get stuck with them for a while.
Every time it has happened it was during watching a 720p or 1080p movie in VLC player. The error pops up and the console window doesn't do anything until I press close on the error. The console then says:

[12:42:17] CoreStatus = C0000029 (-1073741783)
[12:42:17] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000029
[12:42:17] Deleting current work unit & continuing...

However if you ctrl-c it quick enough it wont actually delete the WU and when you restart it the WU continues where it left off.

Any ideas what this could be? I've had this overclock going for a few weeks now without any other issues so I don't know if that is what is causing it or not. Other then that I am all out of ideas.

Cypher- What OS are you using? I've been fighting some peculiar issues for a couple weeks, and what you're seeing here is what I was seeing a couple of days ago. I *was* using Windows Server 2008 32 bit until last night, when I loaded up Server 2008 R2 64 bit edition. Since I switched OS'es, I've not seen that message once, the errors have went away, and I'm successfully through 50% of a 2684 for the first time since I started folding on this SR-2. Nothing else ahs changed, other than the OS and 32 bit vs. 64 bit.

Just thought I'd ask for reference...I swapped DDR3 sticks on Sunday of last week, and that cleared up one issue, but then I started seeing these errors you're referring to here...

Hope that helps you figure things out.

Ax

I have had this same error when i was pushing my overclock and memory timmings. also only on bigadv

i would start off with the ram at 1600 or near 1600.. see if the problem still happens.. then put it back at 1709 and increase the voltage and see what happens.. but sounds like a memory issue since its a bigadv WU causing the problem.. if it was standard SMP id of said it was the cpu probably needing more voltage..

Actually when I was running at 3.8ghz last year and running bigadv everything was fine so you guys are probably right about the memory. I just bumped it up to 1.66v for now. Ill see where she goes from there. Thanks for all the help guys!

Last edited:
Hopefully this isn't premature but I think the 1.66v fixed it. Ive watched two movies without issue :D

Thank you so much for all of the help everyone!

Hopefully this isn't premature but I think the 1.66v fixed it. Ive watched two movies without issue :D

Thank you so much for all of the help everyone!

nice.. ya might want to fix the other post above that since it says 3.66v :p

Back