FAHClient V7.2.9 released (8th Open-Beta)

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
We have a new beta of the v7 client.

FAHClient V7.2.9 released (8th Open-Beta)

"This release adds a lot of improvements, particularly to the viewer. Some of the highlights are the ability to read Gromacs files so that you can view the proteins of many more projects, auto-updating of GPUs.txt (the GPU whitelist) in the client and several fixes to the Debian installs."

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22657

Lol core thats the [H] way of thinking for sure. I like to be a guinea pig sometimes though. I like this version's "cause preference" option. Wonder how well it'll work.

It can wait a few days as far as i am concerned, we have bigger priorities

Or........You could hold off until we finish smashing the poopy out of EVGA!

PPD NOW! Play time later :cool:

Build more Boxen for beta, PPD NOW! & pigs get guinea'd, problem solved :D

With the way things have been going as of late I don't think I'd take a big hit if I install the new client. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Stanford will find a way to make smp more irrelevant in the points competition.

I updated mine yesterday. Currently PG is having problems with the DL server.

Hey all. I've been holding off on the new client as I've been very lucky with both smp and Kepler with the current v7. Obviously not asking anyone break the first rule of beta club :rolleyes:, but any observations?

Last edited:
This...and I'll wait to get even lower PPD out of my SMP rigs.

Using the Windows client there were some that seemed to have really poor PPD. I think they were in the 7xxx range. However, some of the projects in the higher 100xx range for A4 were giving pretty big bonuses. i7 2600K @ 4.2 was showing 5K per WU and estimating ppd to be around 40K. Not sure how that translates to the Linux client but you would hope that it should be in the similar range.

Hey all. I've been holding off on the new client as I've been very lucky with both smp and Kepler with the current v7. Obviously not asking anyone break the first rule of beta club :rolleyes:, but any observations?

The v7 client is in open beta, so can be freely discussed. It is only topics that are closed beta that are requested to be kept on FF.org only.

Back