• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

FAH GPU Tracker V2 - Much lower GPU Usage% - Help?

Ensign.Fodder

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
1,092
So I have been folding on dual 460's for a while using two instances of F@H GPU and using FahSpy to track output and MSI Afterburner to OC cards and look at GPU utilization to know if there is an issue.

I heard he drum beat of making it easier by using GPU Tracker so I thought I would give it a try.

Installed it and declined for it to download clients. Shut down existing work and copied files to respective folders (GPU0 & GPU1) in Tracker. When running it showed the same progress that FahSpy was showing when I shut it down and I thought great!

But after running for about 10 minutes I noticed that the GPU % used in Afterburner was popping up and down between 10 - 30 and never got up in to the 90% values.

Prior it was pegged to 88% except when finishing/starting WU's.

So I figured maybe my copy/paste was not a good idea so I told it to download clients which wiped out the progress, but performance was not any better.

Any idea's?

As a test I downloaded the latest GPU client and setup new folders for them and they are running now @ 99%

Thanks!
Configuration: GTX460 (875/1750/1900)
Project number: 6802 (5-3-673)
Work unit: M2_shooting
WU size: 43.3 KB
WU result: ~ 312.07 KB
Credit: 1325.00
Frames: 100
Core: OPENMMGPU
Server IP: 171.67.108.54
PPH (points per hour): 406.53
PPD (points per day): 9757
Avg time per step: 0:01:57
Bonus factor: 1.0000
Client.cfg: bigpackets=big
Completed: 55%
 
Wow - 72 views and no responses?

Just going to stay as is with the two separate short cuts.
 
I used GPU tracker for a while, but not anytime recently.
Switched over to the console client for gpu eventually; got tired of the systray icons.
 
I don't GPU fold either but here are a couple of ideas...
Click the One-unit option so GPU Tracker completes the units it has and then stops. Delete the entire GPU tracker folder and start with a fresh download, it only takes a minute or two.
Driver issues and/or overclocking issues... there are known issues with certain recent NVidia drivers, but I do not know which one to recommend - sorry. Try running your cards at stock settings to see if it is an OC issue.
Heat - are all of your air intakes unobstructed and dust-free, especially on the GPU card itself?
Sorry I can't offer more than a hit or miss solution, but I would bet your issue is related to one of these things.
 
Back
Top