Facebook's Political Influence Under A Microscope

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hmmm, I wonder why Facebook is going through all this effort to show that it is neutral when it comes to politics? Everyone knows that Zuckerberg and crew would never try to influence elections. :rolleyes:

As the U.S. presidential campaign heats up, Facebook Inc is going out of its way to show its neutrality - an increasingly urgent matter for the social network as evidence of its power continues to emerge. Recent studies have shown the site has extraordinary influence. According to research scheduled to be published in August in the Journal of Communication, when people tagged their friends on Facebook in voting reminders, turnout increased by 15 to 24 percent.

STEVE, STeve, steve.. If Robots are going to rule all of us, Facebook is going to control all of us.

I for one am happy all of what I see and all of my thoughts I post are policed by Facebook to ensure they are the proper/right.

What could possibly go wrong if you limit what people read to only one side???

I've seen that dbag in a video with Merkel telling her he will suppress posts for her from German right wing dissidents. The video is on youtube if you care to see the truth about dbag Zukerberg.

Facebook is only good for shitty flash games, cute cat pictures and talking to my wife while I'm at work.

Pimpleberg just met with Obama. He and Facebook are as leftist as they come. The impact Facebook will have on America's freedom is concerning.

This election will determine the fate of the Supreme Court until 2050, whether Obamacare taxes are enforced/jobs are lost and probably seal the fate of the nation, if America votes to not enforce their immigration laws. The country will go bankrupt due to exponentially increasing interest rates, caused by our rising national debt, which doubled during Obama's terms. Our country will end up like Venezuela when the dollar becomes worthless.

"We're neutral. Honest." - Says the folks whose whole business model is to get you to click some ad. Right.

I think Facebook and the Zuch are worried about some mass exodus from their platform over a perceived political slight.

I hate the fact that so many people get their "news" from Facebook. How many stories have we seen posted on there as so-called news with 5,000 comments believing it. The last one I saw is one showing Trump's tweet on D day thanking soldiers and Hillary's wishing happy ramadan . The photo was photo shopped but yet there were several thousand comments with people bashing Hillary and showing such outrage. Now I'm all for bashing Hillary but the point is the post was total bullshit but it had a few thousand people convinced. What bothers me most is the thought that a lot of those people will be voting this year.

Back