Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Face Hate Speech Complaints In France

HardOCP News

[H] News
It seems that Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube could be facing legal complaints for failing to remove "hateful" content. No doubt this will end with an agreement such as the one the social networks struck with Germany back in December.

French law requires websites to take down racist, homophobic or anti-semitic material and tell authorities about it. Twitter removed only four percent, Youtube seven percent and Facebook 34 percent, according to the associations. "In light of Youtube, Twitter and Facebook's profits and how little taxes they pay, their refusal to invest in the fight against hate is unacceptable," UEJF president Sacha Reingewirtz said in a statement.

France can go fuck themselves. It's like these douchebags expect companies to hire thousands of people who's sole purpose is to monitor every word said. Oh boo fucking hoo, someone's pathetic little feelings got hurt because someone said something bad. France has far more important issues to deal with than protecting people's feelings. Also the statement "how little taxes they pay" is a pretty clear sign of what their real problem and real goal is.

Something something Voltaire quote followed by something something "that quote was made by a racist", followed by something something the quote still applies.

How much of France's problem stems from the suppression of free speech and by consequence the elimination of discussion of reasonable solutions? How much of America's problems stem from the influence of the anti-free speech movement in Academia and by consequence the spread of that philosophy by recent graduates in the media, government and corporate America?

Why should it be Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube that have to remove the content? Surely it should be the uploaders that have to remove them?

Why the fuck can't people just express their own opinions anymore without people bitching and whining about having to censor them or expect others to censor them?

Freedom of speech is an essential right provided it does not incite violence or injury to others.

By banning someone from expressing yourself doesn't mean the feeling goes away or doesn't exist. In fact, it only makes things worse in some instances. That's why I laugh at those silly idiots who try to disrupt political rallies with their own agenda because side "X" is bad. They only make the situation worse by endorsing the candidates view of you.

A recent meme summed it up nicely, "80 years ago 18 year old boys stormed a beach facing almost certain death....today we need a safe zone because mean words hurt"

France can go fuck themselves. It's like these douchebags expect companies to hire thousands of people who's sole purpose is to monitor every word said. Oh boo fucking hoo, someone's pathetic little feelings got hurt because someone said something bad. France has far more important issues to deal with than protecting people's feelings. Also the statement "how little taxes they pay" is a pretty clear sign of what their real problem and real goal is.

Please remove the above post because the word "fuck" is too much for my sensitivity level.

There's always Usenet where you can say whatever the fuck you want and no one can do shit about it.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
I think they should do it like YouTube does with some videos... just censor the posts in Germany according to Germany law, France according to French law, etc. On principle, I don't like the idea of countries like France or Germany being able to decide what I get to view or post on Facebook.

If those countries don't have any freedom of speech at all, fine. But I shouldn't have to avoid certain topics out of respect for people in those countries where they don't have it.

Time to man up and stop being so easily offended, come on out of your safe zone so I can smack you with real life issues. Hurt feeling never killed anyone but suppression has hurt many.

Youtube just deleted a racist girls account so they don't believe in freedom of speech either.

Yea, I saw his video calling to get her banned. Onision is a creepy little bastard. I told him once that he would make a good creepy horror movie character so him and another dude made a creepy horror video, was actually quite funny and creepy at the same time.

Back