Facebook to Start Targeted Ads Based On Apps

HardOCP News

[H] News
Does this mean people that loathe Facebook apps won't see any ads? Now there's an idea! ;)

The targeting continues. Unnamed sources tell The Wall Street Journal that the social network will start rolling out targeted ads based on which apps Facebook users access.

funny there is such thing as fb apps

I think that means mobile users who use the FB app to access FB from their phone, will face ads based on what other apps they have on their phone.

Not FB apps on the FB website. I could be wrong.

The most surprising thing to me is that this wasn't already being done.

I think that means mobile users who use the FB app to access FB from their phone, will face ads based on what other apps they have on their phone.

Not FB apps on the FB website. I could be wrong.

No, this is about what apps you've given permission to access your info.

I don't have a problem with this. My apps consist of all the Gawker sites, ESPN and a few other sports sites. I'd much rather see adds related to tech and sports than anything else.

If you check to see what are considered apps in Facebook, you'll see such features like Find Friends and Messages included. I doubt that you zero-app clubmembers have never used those FB elements.

If you check to see what are considered apps in Facebook, you'll see such features like Find Friends and Messages included. I doubt that you zero-app clubmembers have never used those FB elements.

I've used messages but I've never used Find Friends. I have that intentionally Element blocked with Social Fixer because it annoys the hell out of me. It always recommends some individual with "one friend" in common. Like I'm supposed to know all of the friends of friends of friends :confused:

Back