Facebook Teen’s Father Shows Some Tough Love

After reading many of the comments here, many of you guys are soft ass shit. I can see how Americas future will decline and other nations start to lead. My parents were soft on me. Heck, I didn't become a straight A student until High school. I always saw how strict they were to my brother and lax on me. Now, I am an adult with 3 kids(one autistic), I know I have to teach my kids how to take care of themselves, understand discipline & compassion, compete, and survive in the world. Some of you only understand one culture and this can be a down fall. If the America continues as a " me me me" state I can see falling. The old fashion discipline is disappearing...:(

Discipline itself is not effective, but discipline with affection gets the message through. This father expressed his anger with passion to try to make his daughter understand. I give him 15 stars for that, as I see many parents lacking this.

*standing ovation*
I couldn't have said it better (well, I don't curse so I would have left some things out). Discipline has been progressively going down for the past 20 years, and with that, so has other things in the United States. You last statement summed it all up.

*standing ovation*
I couldn't have said it better (well, I don't curse so I would have left some things out). Discipline has been progressively going down for the past 20 years, and with that, so has other things in the United States. You last statement summed it all up.

This wasn't discipline. This was an "adult" letting his feelings take over, loose control, and behave in exactly the same manner as what the the child did that he is chastising her for. There's discipline, and then there's being destructive to make yourself feel better. This video is the father making himself feel better.

After reading many of the comments here, many of you guys are soft ass shit. I can see how Americas future will decline and other nations start to lead. My parents were soft on me. Heck, I didn't become a straight A student until High school. I always saw how strict they were to my brother and lax on me. Now, I am an adult with 3 kids(one autistic), I know I have to teach my kids how to take care of themselves, understand discipline & compassion, compete, and survive in the world. Some of you only understand one culture and this can be a down fall. If the America continues as a " me me me" state I can see falling. The old fashion discipline is disappearing...:(

Discipline itself is not effective, but discipline with affection gets the message through. This father expressed his anger with passion to try to make his daughter understand. I give him 15 stars for that, as I see many parents lacking this.

So what you're saying is that even without discipline you still turned out ok.

More importantly how is the girl not disciplined?

Shes a teenage girl who gets her shit done, and complains later to her friends... Hell all of us probably know some dudes in the military who do the same.

Bitching about work seems to be part of American culture. She's just normal.

What is the father trying to make her understand? She's already doing all her chores and schoolwork. Is she not aloud to gripe bout it?

This wasn't discipline. This was an "adult" letting his feelings take over, loose control, and behave in exactly the same manner as what the the child did that he is chastising her for. There's discipline, and then there's being destructive to make yourself feel better. This video is the father making himself feel better.

I don't even think he did a very good job of that. He clearly needs to lighten up in some manner.

Shes a teenage girl who gets her shit done, and complains later to her friends... Hell all of us probably know some dudes in the military who do the same.

In my opinion, there's a fairly large difference between telling your friends "I'm upset because I have to go in the middle of the desert and kill people." and "I don't want to do chores because we have a cleaning lady."

In my opinion, there's a fairly large difference between telling your friends "I'm upset because I have to go in the middle of the desert and kill people." and "I don't want to do chores because we have a cleaning lady."

And for what its worth, my parents wouldn't have posted a video about what I did. I'd have just had the teeth knocked out of my mouth. Or have been kicked out of the house. Hell, for cursing on the bus I was threatened with getting kicked out.

So what you're saying is that even without discipline you still turned out ok.

More importantly how is the girl not disciplined?

Bitching about work seems to be part of American culture. She's just normal.

What is the father trying to make her understand? She's already doing all her chores and schoolwork. Is she not aloud to gripe bout it?

This is the most logical post all thread! I was going to post something but this is the best one in the thread. After sifting through countless stupid posts like "soft parents are pussies" and "those who think hes wrong don't have kids", I finally found the gooder.

Thank you.

this is just a rich retard acting out, much like his child.

no one shoots a $600 laptop because they're pissed off. Unless money in no object, in which case I'm guessing "like daughter, like father"

His mannerisms are clear, I bet his daughter acts just like him except he's made a lot of money and she hasn't yet.

he's a douche...

So many whiners here. You're probably the parents runng around crying about how your kids don't listen to you, won't do a thing you tell them, don't show me any respect, blah blah blah. Could it be that they're spoiled little "entitlement" brats?

Ya know what? I bet his kid starts paying a bit more attention when mom and dad speak from now on. Plenty of time to get those chores and homework done before bed now too!

Gotta love how so many that whine about the "entitlement generation" are here defending this kids entitlements. :rolleyes:
"He's overreacting & acting like a child because his daughter..." As if you've never wanted to do the same....you're probably just jealous because he did what you couldn't bring yourself to do (especially you NRA members). "He's teaching his kid violence through his actions..." Kids learn through INACTION as well! Ya know what they learn? They learn that they can get away with anything because if mommy and daddy won't do anything, and if they do,then the (broken) system will punish them (the parents that is), and that in turn means all authority to as far as they're concerned. Why do you think there are so many delinquents out there these days? Could he have handled it in a better way? Perhaps. Maybe it would've been cool...I mean better if he'd asked Kyle to bring over the .50 cal! :D

Kids these days are wrongfully taught that there are no for consequences their actions. Well this one just got a taste of reality. Hopefuly this prevents other, more serious, life changing consequences for future actions (and I don't just mean against her parents).

She wants to get paid? He should set a price on food, lodging, all other necessities, and make her buy her own non-essentials...I bet she'd long for "the good old days" real quick. Chores are NOT slave labor, they're life skills and responsibility training. Kids these days need to learn they must earn respect, and not just demand it. Like my dad always told us, "The world doesn't owe you a living". Mom was the one who wielded the dreaded wooden spoon and the "look" that struck fear into us kids. And you know what? They got respect (not the BS kind) and we didn't hate them for it (well, sometimes for a short while :p ). I believe that knowing about consequences for our actions kept us from becoming problem adults.

I hope he posts a vid of him handing her her "upgraded" laptop and telling her to take it out with the trash.

I give him props but negatives in paying for the over priced hollow points. He did say "explosive" I think but I don't think they were explosive tips + Hollow Point. Either way high grained hollows with copper plates were only 25c at the local enthusiast store, the high end ones were 50c.

So many whiners here. You're probably the parents runng around crying about how your kids don't listen to you, won't do a thing you tell them, don't show me any respect, blah blah blah. Could it be that they're spoiled little "entitlement" brats?

Ya know what? I bet his kid starts paying a bit more attention when mom and dad speak from now on. Plenty of time to get those chores and homework done before bed now too!

Gotta love how so many that whine about the "entitlement generation" are here defending this kids entitlements. :rolleyes:
"He's overreacting & acting like a child because his daughter..." As if you've never wanted to do the same....you're probably just jealous because he did what you couldn't bring yourself to do (especially you NRA members). "He's teaching his kid violence through his actions..." Kids learn through INACTION as well! Ya know what they learn? They learn that they can get away with anything because if mommy and daddy won't do anything, and if they do,then the (broken) system will punish them (the parents that is), and that in turn means all authority to as far as they're concerned. Why do you think there are so many delinquents out there these days? Could he have handled it in a better way? Perhaps. Maybe it would've been cool...I mean better if he'd asked Kyle to bring over the .50 cal! :D

Kids these days are wrongfully taught that there are no for consequences their actions. Well this one just got a taste of reality. Hopefuly this prevents other, more serious, life changing consequences for future actions (and I don't just mean against her parents).

She wants to get paid? He should set a price on food, lodging, all other necessities, and make her buy her own non-essentials...I bet she'd long for "the good old days" real quick. Chores are NOT slave labor, they're life skills and responsibility training. Kids these days need to learn they must earn respect, and not just demand it. Like my dad always told us, "The world doesn't owe you a living". Mom was the one who wielded the dreaded wooden spoon and the "look" that struck fear into us kids. And you know what? They got respect (not the BS kind) and we didn't hate them for it (well, sometimes for a short while :p ). I believe that knowing about consequences for our actions kept us from becoming problem adults.

I hope he posts a vid of him handing her her "upgraded" laptop and telling her to take it out with the trash.

The bolded statement makes me wonder how much you know about kids. Because destroying things they view as theirs does not engender respect or attention or better behavior. Almost always.

The only thing I didn't pay for was my original NES and gameboy, if I wanted to get newer stuff or video games for that matter I did extra chores to get any type of money or I could get a job (which I did both). My mom helped me get my first car, shes an amazing insurance broker so she was able to show me the ropes. I didn't get paid shit to help pay for anything other then let me stay at home till I was 19 before I got the good ole boot.

The one thing they did for me that was really nice was the last year on my car loan they payed it off because I was 2+ years in college on my own.

Oh and before I graduated high school I had already held 3 jobs with a decent chunk of savings.

See here is the thing...he stated that she was disciplined before and it had no effect because she still on facebook doing stupid stuff. Now, I wouldn't shoot the computer (because I don't own a gun) but if your child blatantly disrespected and disobeyed you, how would you handle it? Send her to her room? I don't believe in time out, corner, or whatever else new school parents do. I guess I just look at this subjectively. The kids I grew up with that didn't get disciplined turned out worst than those who did. Maybe coincidence.

But crap, remember we have kids like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn18H3FKDV4

I like how the only argument anyone has FOR the father's behavior is "Yeah! He's got balls! You gotta show these kids who the supreme dictator in their life is or they'll be spoiled forever!"

Reality being, spoiled people will always be spoiled. All he's showing her is it's ok to destroy someone's things in response to they way they FEEL about something. Perhaps they also think it should be OK for the govt to jail people based off their opinions on various things... Can't have them thinking the wrong things, can we?

The girl did her chores. She didn't talk back to her parents faces. She never actually said to her parents that she thinks she deserves to get paid. She only made a retort in her rant.

She's not being punished for not doing her chores. It's already established that she does them. Shes being punished for complaining in a semi-private Facebook post about having to do them.

Her dad shot her laptop because she complained about her chores even though she got them done. She did her work and she still got punished. That's why there's controversy.

You're right. Chores are life skills. The girl got her chores done. The dad is a jackass.

Beer kicking in. I would not have posted a video of my child venting, but he wanted to teach a lesson to his daughter. I believe he sees many parents that are not caring for their child and wanted to get a point across to his daughter and many parents across the country. Heck his daughter tried to point out she is slave driven to the public.

Either way, what he did was good. He admitted failure on his part on spoiling his daughter. His naive daughter took advantage of it and shot her self in the ass. Lesson learned on both.

I really can't help but think he's slow in the head and lazy to boot. . . Maybe, just maybe, his daughter sees him that way too.

And you're advocating that if you think your parents (or anyone else for that matter), is "slow in the head and lazy to boot" should not be respected or listen to what they have to say?

I like how the only argument anyone has FOR the father's behavior is "Yeah! He's got balls! You gotta show these kids who the supreme dictator in their life is or they'll be spoiled forever!"

Reality being, spoiled people will always be spoiled. All he's showing her is it's ok to destroy someone's things in response to they way they FEEL about something. Perhaps they also think it should be OK for the govt to jail people based off their opinions on various things... Can't have them thinking the wrong things, can we?

This happens already.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...tourists-deported-at-lax-over-twitter-jokes/1

The girl did her chores. She didn't talk back to her parents faces. She never actually said to her parents that she thinks she deserves to get paid. She only made a retort in her rant.

She's not being punished for not doing her chores. It's already established that she does them. Shes being punished for complaining in a semi-private Facebook post about having to do them.

Her dad shot her laptop because she complained about her chores even though she got them done. She did her work and she still got punished. That's why there's controversy.

You're right. Chores are life skills. The girl got her chores done. The dad is a jackass.

The dad didn't do this because of the chores. That was a secondary issue. He did it because he forbid her from posting ridiculous facebook posts, and punished her (probably inside of what most would consider acceptable means". She continued to do so, so in response he increased the punishment.

I don't understand why this concept is so difficult for people to grasp.

Nope. It teaches a kid that reacting emotionally and destructively to stupid things is an acceptable and adult response. Absolutely the wrong message you want a kid to see.

She's not 5 anymore.

People need to hold themselves accountable and the earlier in life they learn, the better they will be as adults. Parenting only goes but so far--after that, it's all on the individual. If you disagree, then what should we do with the parents of murderers, child molesters, serial rapists, etc?

No, but if you have a problem with my parenting, you come to me and discuss it with me. Not post a rant on Facebook.

Or she could be a kid who is acting like 100% of all teenagers ever.

Don't tell me you've never thought "Man, parents are so lame...". It's a freakin rite of passage.

She's not 5 anymore.

People need to hold themselves accountable and the earlier in life they learn, the better they will be as adults. Parenting only goes but so far--after that, it's all on the individual. If you disagree, then what should we do with the parents of murderers, child molesters, serial rapists, etc?

So "people" (in this case, hormonal teenagers) are to be "held accountable" (via bullets from a gun into a gift they've been given) for the things they say?

Implying that all stripes of criminal only behave that way because they learned it from their parents? You don't even believe that yourself so why pretend it's a valid argument?

Or she could be a kid who is acting like 100% of all teenagers ever.

Don't tell me you've never thought "Man, parents are so lame...". It's a freakin rite of passage.

No, quite honestly, I never have (save for heat of the moment issues). Maybe I just have parents that are more reasonable than most, but being that I could always go to them and discuss what I had, be it a decision I disagreed with, or whatever, I never kept that feeling. At the same time, me going into the situation with a chip on my shoulder wouldn't get me anywhere. As long as I approached with respect I would at least understand their reasoning. I may disagree with them, but keeping the "parents are so lame..." while level headed wasn't something I did.

Quite honestly, had she shown her parents respect, this entire issue would not have been one.

So "people" (in this case, hormonal teenagers) are to be "held accountable" (via bullets from a gun into a gift they've been given) for the things they say?

Implying that all stripes of criminal only behave that way because they learned it from their parents? You don't even believe that yourself so why pretend it's a valid argument?

At the age of 15, yeah. She should know better.

No, quite honestly, I never have (save for heat of the moment issues). Maybe I just have parents that are more reasonable than most, but being that I could always go to them and discuss what I had, be it a decision I disagreed with, or whatever, I never kept that feeling. At the same time, me going into the situation with a chip on my shoulder wouldn't get me anywhere. As long as I approached with respect I would at least understand their reasoning. I may disagree with them, but keeping the "parents are so lame..." while level headed wasn't something I did.

Quite honestly, had she shown her parents respect, this entire issue would not have been one.

So secret comments on facebook found (supposedly) accidentally amounts to disrespect bad enough the dad has to shoot something (anything) with a gun and post it on youtube. Got it.

^^By the time I was 10 I knew that throwing a fit in the store wouldn't get me the toy I wanted. It would in fact get me punished. How is this any different? She got "her" computer taken away. Why do you care how it was treated? She wouldn't have had it anyway.

The dad didn't do this because of the chores. That was a secondary issue. He did it because he forbid her from posting ridiculous facebook posts, and punished her (probably inside of what most would consider acceptable means". She continued to do so, so in response he increased the punishment.

I don't understand why this concept is so difficult for people to grasp.

The concept is difficult to grasp because her facebook post isn't what most would consider to be ridiculous. It's normal. Complaining about chores to your friends is normal. There's nothing strange or unnatural about it.

Father shoots daughter's laptop for complaining about chores on facebook to friends.

POSTS THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FOR THE WORLD.

If the father didn't want the daughter to make family business public then he sure as hell shouldn't have been a hypocrite by posted the video and making his business public. He's worse in the fact that he intentionally tried to show the world whereas the girl was only keeping her rant between a few friends.

For all of those who are worried about the pussification of America, let me ask you this... of all the age groups and demographics in this country... what more do you expect from a 15 year old teenage girl?

So, guy with a book for sale makes an outrageous video for the internet. Yeah, I totally buy it. Totally. 100% legit.

@nathan I didn't notice that, and actually looked for it. This reeked of publicity stunt, but didn't see he had anything for sale.

The concept is difficult to grasp because her facebook post isn't what most would consider to be ridiculous. It's normal. Complaining about chores to your friends is normal. There's nothing strange or unnatural about it.

Father shoots daughter's laptop for complaining about chores on facebook to friends.

POSTS THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FOR THE WORLD.

If the father didn't want the daughter to make family business public then he sure as hell shouldn't have been a hypocrite by posted the video and making his business public. He's worse in the fact that he intentionally tried to show the world whereas the girl was only keeping her rant between a few friends.

For all of those who are worried about the pussification of America, let me ask you this... of all the age groups and demographics in this country... what more do you expect from a 15 year old teenage girl?

Dude, this is Facebook. The place where the most private of private is public at one point or another.

From a 15 Y/O girl? I expect someone that doesn't throw temper tantrums when she has to do what's expected of her.

Geez everyone, didnt know we had such experts on here about how one should act and can say how others should. There is no finish line peeps. Seems like a lot of you are scared people, seeing a lot of statements that if you do this or that, then by god this bad thing will happen.

He did right, It's what my parents would have done to me, and what i would do to my own, children these days are just so ungrateful and disrespectful.

So secret comments on facebook found (supposedly) accidentally amounts to disrespect bad enough the dad has to shoot something (anything) with a gun and post it on youtube. Got it.

it;s pretty clear your main issue with it was the use of a gun, as though a gun is an instrument of violence and inherently evil.

there is a very large segment of the population who sees firearms as a tool. I wonder if you would feign such outrage had he stomped on it or something similar. Really, shooting it was far less violent than if he stomped on it, threw it, broke it over his knee, etc etc.

By the way, 90 percent of who his daughter is, and going to be was set before she was 10, realistically him shooting her laptop isn't going to do much harm, or good.

@nathan I didn't notice that, and actually looked for it. This reeked of publicity stunt, but didn't see he had anything for sale.

From one of his recent facebook posts:

"(Hey, aren't the 25 thousand of you who subscribed really regretting it now? I'm always this scatter brained. Makes you wonder how I formed enough sensible sentences to write a book doesn't it? Then again... maybe that accounts for the book sales being in the toilet...)"

Not sure what book he's talking about but from his own post, there it is.

Some might say it's over the line but:
-He is her father
-He did expressly forbid her from -exactly- what she did
-He claims he works in IT

An IT guy that can't keep control of his kid on the internet = less respected by his peers. His daughter disrespected him not only as a parent but also as a professional in his field, the field that puts food on the table.

Back