Facebook Pledges To Combat Racism On German Platform

I'm guessing you are a white male, late thirties to early forties?
Not cool Pauly.

Racism is defined correctly by Google. Assumption that all people of a certain race possess attributes, good or bad.
How is it defined correctly by Google when according to science there is only one race, the human race?

Racism does not require action. Racism only requires opinion. If you have the opinion that a certain race is inferior, then you are a racist. Simple.
Science is showing everyone has 'racist' opinions, either consciously or subconsciously. Please do tell us, so you've never had a racist thought, ever?

Race is not a disability. The fact that you compare the two for arguments sake is a bit telling of your prejudices.
All the different kinds of the Homo sapiens sapiens exhibit advantages and disadvantages. Everyone of them. Everyone of them is also prejudice in their own way, too. Not even sure why I have to state this when this shit is readily available to read through yourself.

Too many nights playing games I'd assume.

Not cool Pauly.

How is it defined correctly by Google when according to science there is only one race, the human race?

Science is showing everyone has 'racist' opinions, either consciously or subconsciously. Please do tell us, so you've never had a racist thought, ever?

All the different kinds of the Homo sapiens sapiens exhibit advantages and disadvantages. Everyone of them. Everyone of them is also prejudice in their own way, too. Not even sure why I have to state this when this shit is readily available to read through yourself.

Too many nights playing games I'd assume.

I spend more time designing games than playing them now.

But 'race' as defined in taxonomy is not the same as 'race' as defined by culture. Yes. everyone is racist by the official definition (by most definitions as well). We ALL have preconceived notions and judge people by association to others who look/sound/act the same as them. Its a fact of life: If there were only one 'race' than there would be other ways we exercise prejudice. Its also a crucial part of learning: Touch the surface of a stove: you get burned, thus you exercise a prejudice in the future and assume all stoves are hot until proven otherwise. Its how humans adapt, and its natural! but wanting to bash someone else's brains in when they threaten you is also natural, so is rape, slavery.. lots of terrible things are brought about through application of 'natural' and 'universal' sensations. Racism is no different: Its a manifestation of a natural urge that we ALL feel, and part of societal progression is the ascension of mind where we can refuse the basal urges that bring about terrible things. Everyone possesses advantages and disadvantages over other people. There are certain things that I am terrible at, and other things I like to think I have a pretty decent handle on. Most of it has very little to do with my race, or the type of human I descended from, some of it may. But by no means would I appreciate someone to assume that I have certain attributes/deficiencies because of my heritage.

Lets assume that cultural and ethnic background have a statistically relevant effect on someone's ability to run fast. This is not a damaging thought or a toxic mindset, more of an observation. It may seem a bit off-putting to say something like 'Black people run faster than white people', as you can easily find one white person who runs faster than one black person. But at the Summer Olympics, you see a lot of darker runners: This is also not a toxic assumption. This does not mean Usain Bolt is handed the gold medal before he competes. He must prove that he runs fast before an award is given.

That's the best illustration I can draw: Prejudice (in this specific case: racism) would have us draw conclusions on the abilities,opinions,attributes of people before they have demonstrated these to us. Any action (including thought) that attempts to draw conclusions based on the racial background of someone and not based on the demonstration of their person is racist. and we all do it! but we need to recognise and mitigate the ramifications of these thoughts.

After a little arm twisting by the German government, Facebook has finally agreed to do something about "racist hate speech" on the German version of Facebook.

The US social media network said it would encourage "counter speech" and step up monitoring of anti-foreigner commentary, as company representatives were due to meet German Justice Minister Heiko Maas later Monday. Facebook said it would work with other organisations in Germany "to develop appropriate solutions to counter xenophobia and racism and to represent this online".

Kinda funny on how this just now comes about and only in the EU, lol, yea censorship since there is a invasion of Muslims going on now.

Fuck farcebook, Zuck can eat a bag of dicks.

It is open war on white European culture. It isn't new for Germany as they are at a breaking point, hence the extra media crack down making sure anyone who's cultural homeland it is, stays quite. Sweden next for Facebook?

It is open war on white European culture. It isn't new for Germany as they are at a breaking point, hence the extra media crack down making sure anyone who's cultural homeland it is, stays quite. Sweden next for Facebook?

Europe originally didn't have a problem with the Islamic migrants a few decades back because people felt that they would let go of their past enmities and embrace the postwar values, but a good number of the Islamic population refused to be more inclusive as they force others to live by their rules.

On the other hand, even the Turkish immigrants in Germany (not stuck in that Arabic mess) are discriminated against. Sigh.

Hear, hear (for most of it).

But by no means would I appreciate someone to assume that I have certain attributes/deficiencies because of my heritage.
I don't think anyone wants to feel differently than you do here (which is where defending themselves (their peoples) against attacks by other tribes (or (preemptively) attacking them) comes from) but that doesn't mean they aren't still there. Humans are just a little baby species and so is our science/understanding of it all. However we're quickly learning our way.

All domesticated dogs and wild wolves/coyotes/jackals are from the same family tree (canid - around 50 million years old) and yet they're drastically different on all levels. Domesticated dogs are much smarter having benefited from living around humans and their populations are rarely in danger but wolves are...
As pups, wolves can't be turned into domesticated animals, and such a relationship as pets is discouraged.[1] As adults, wolves have been shown, most of the time, to be largely unpredictable, and will sometimes display aggressive behavior toward small animals and children. Pure wild wolves can never be fully trusted with children because, unlike dogs, they lack any alteration of their predatory behavior Source
There are clear differences between animals from the same family that is clearly more than skin (or fur) deep (Why is the world pretending there's not with humans?). One example being that black males have a good margin higher level of testosterone than white males and white males more than Asian males (Yet Asians average the highest IQ's, then whites, and then blacks).

Then there is this.

Examples of drawbacks or disadvantages of men having higher than average testosterone levels include:

• Men tend to consume more alcoholic beverages.
  • Men are more likely to smoke.
  • Men are more likely to get injured.
  • According to some researchers, the higher the testosterone level, the more likely men are to participate in risk-taking behavior (sexual, injury risk, and even criminal activity).
Anabolic steroids

Both men and women that utilize anabolic steroids to gain an athletic "edge" (for example, some professional athletes) or to increase muscle mass (for example, some bodybuilders) may experience high levels of testosterone and develop problems, for example:

• High blood pressure (hypertension)
  • Liver disease
  • Aggression
  • Skin infections
  • High red blood cell count (polycythemia)
  • Alteration in sexual organs
Source
So, we're all just supposed to believe we're all exactly the same except skin color when some people exhibit clear advantages and disadvantages? We're definitely all human (Homos) but we're definitely not all the same tribe (even dogs have their own tribes that don't get along). It's deeper than just skin color (or fur). That's not my opinion, that's the science as I've seen it laid out for us to absorb.

Others can raise a wolf around a golden retriever but a lot of people won't or don't want to and shouldn't be forced to either. I object myself. Why? I'm implicitly biased. I'm safer around my own kind. Sure a lot of different kinds of people can get along but with it comes with increased violence in densely populated areas. Another quick example. According to FBI Statistics, black males (only) aged 16-35 years of age commit 54% of all the murders in the USA every year despite being only 5-6% of the population (13.2% for all blacks). It's mostly black on black crime but they also kill white males twice as much as they get killed by whites every year despite white males outnumbering them 5-1. Yes, there is five times as many white males as black males yet they manage to kill whites males twice as much. It's like 400 whites killed to 200 blacks killed every year (It's on the FBI stats section but I'm going off memory here). I won't even get into the interracial rape numbers here. Insane!

Blacks blame their propensity for violence on the white man not giving them enough of his stuff but they act the same way in their home country where they're native (and the UK.) . The violence in the cities of south Africa is far worse than any city in the USA. Who commits most of the crime in the cities in the USA (where everyone comes together = the watering holes)? Yes, black males. Now I'm automatically a racist. Facts are racist? Yet if I say the average Asian will blow me away at math everyone laughs.

Pros and cons.

Note: I've slept with a black female before so I'm not racist (biased, yes), she also gave me chlamydia but that's another topic... :p

Europe originally didn't have a problem with the Islamic migrants a few decades back because people felt that they would let go of their past enmities and embrace the postwar values, but a good number of the Islamic population refused to be more inclusive as they force others to live by their rules.

On the other hand, even the Turkish immigrants in Germany (not stuck in that Arabic mess) are discriminated against. Sigh.

Not sure where you live friend, but things are past the point of moderate immigration for Germany and most of white Europe.
It is called colonization. It is when your country is being culturally destroyed and over taken by foreign groups. I am sorry some Turks are being lumped into the same mindset by most Germans/Europeans, but what do you expect?
An invader is an invader. Why are the Turks there with the rest? Cultural genocide is the only answer.
I do not blame any cultural group around the world that fights against such cultural Marxist aggression.

Not sure where you live friend, but things are past the point of moderate immigration for Germany and most of white Europe.
It is called colonization. It is when your country is being culturally destroyed and over taken by foreign groups. I am sorry some Turks are being lumped into the same mindset by most Germans/Europeans, but what do you expect?
An invader is an invader. Why are the Turks there with the rest? Cultural genocide is the only answer.
I do not blame any cultural group around the world that fights against such cultural Marxist aggression.

I spend some time at NRW. You know the Japanischer capital Düsseldorf right?

My point is this. Germany's stuck between a rock and a hard place overall when it comes to how it can act about the issue. The massive guilt trip, the very real issue that the Islamic intake won't fit in, the ISIS and the additional burden on an anemic European economy as a whole just snowballs into a real unhappy show.

My point is this. Germany's stuck between a rock and a hard place overall when it comes to how it can act about the issue. The massive guilt trip, the very real issue that the Islamic intake won't fit in, the ISIS and the additional burden on an anemic European economy as a whole just snowballs into a real unhappy show.

So we are in complete agreement. Nice to meet you.
Is there anything I have said against what you are stating?

So we are in complete agreement. Nice to meet you.
Is there anything I have said against what you are stating?

Facebook is just doing what Facebook needs to do to keep making money. I think we agree about this.

You are more worried about the whole thing than me.
I am not so badly triggered over kebab as a Nip. You are pretty much Mr. Negative over the whole refugee flood.

I am bothered about the nonsense that some of them would not let go in their heads.
You are more worried about them colonizing and force everyone to turn Islam.

I don't think that it's hopeless to make them get rid of all the Arab world nonsense. That's really where we don't see it the same way.

Facebook is just doing what Facebook needs to do to keep making money. I think we agree about this.

You are more worried about the whole thing than me.
I am not so badly triggered over kebab as a Nip. You are pretty much Mr. Negative over the whole refugee flood.

I am bothered about the nonsense that some of them would not let go in their heads.
You are more worried about them colonizing and force everyone to turn Islam.

I don't think that it's hopeless to make them get rid of all the Arab world nonsense. That's really where we don't see it the same way.

"You are more worried about them colonizing and force everyone to turn Islam"

Hardly, as we know that will not happen. Your view point is very simplistic for someone who thinks they are seeing outside the box.
What we should be worried about is who/why are these groups being stuffed into white European cultures, and what will happen when it reaches its breaking point. This isn't religious irregardless of what the media has taught you. This is genocide upon the European race for political domination controlled by those with the most to gain.
And when European culture is gone, we can all go back to living in the elite repressive societies we are so shortly removed from.

Hear, hear (for most of it).

I don't think anyone wants to feel differently than you do here (which is where defending themselves (their peoples) against attacks by other tribes (or (preemptively) attacking them) comes from) but that doesn't mean they aren't still there. Humans are just a little baby species and so is our science/understanding of it all. However we're quickly learning our way.

All domesticated dogs and wild wolves/coyotes/jackals are from the same family tree (canid - around 50 million years old) and yet they're drastically different on all levels. Domesticated dogs are much smarter having benefited from living around humans and their populations are rarely in danger but wolves are...
There are clear differences between animals from the same family that is clearly more than skin (or fur) deep (Why is the world pretending there's not with humans?). One example being that black males have a good margin higher level of testosterone than white males and white males more than Asian males (Yet Asians average the highest IQ's, then whites, and then blacks).

Then there is this.

So, we're all just supposed to believe we're all exactly the same except skin color when some people exhibit clear advantages and disadvantages? We're definitely all human (Homos) but we're definitely not all the same tribe (even dogs have their own tribes that don't get along). It's deeper than just skin color (or fur). That's not my opinion, that's the science as I've seen it laid out for us to absorb.

Others can raise a wolf around a golden retriever but a lot of people won't or don't want to and shouldn't be forced to either. I object myself. Why? I'm implicitly biased. I'm safer around my own kind. Sure a lot of different kinds of people can get along but with it comes with increased violence in densely populated areas. Another quick example. According to FBI Statistics, black males (only) aged 16-35 years of age commit 54% of all the murders in the USA every year despite being only 5-6% of the population (13.2% for all blacks). It's mostly black on black crime but they also kill white males twice as much as they get killed by whites every year despite white males outnumbering them 5-1. Yes, there is five times as many white males as black males yet they manage to kill whites males twice as much. It's like 400 whites killed to 200 blacks killed every year (It's on the FBI stats section but I'm going off memory here). I won't even get into the interracial rape numbers here. Insane!

Blacks blame their propensity for violence on the white man not giving them enough of his stuff but they act the same way in their home country where they're native (and the UK.) . The violence in the cities of south Africa is far worse than any city in the USA. Who commits most of the crime in the cities in the USA (where everyone comes together = the watering holes)? Yes, black males. Now I'm automatically a racist. Facts are racist? Yet if I say the average Asian will blow me away at math everyone laughs.

Pros and cons.

Note: I've slept with a black female before so I'm not racist (biased, yes), she also gave me chlamydia but that's another topic... :p

You use South Africa as an example of the black "Homeland", yet there was explicit and lawful segregation there until ~20 years ago. You'll find that poverty brings about crime, violence more than race: a population of people kept poor by the rules of segregation aren't likely to grow in economic status: and the ramifications of living in poverty for multiple generations are huge: one of the more considerable is a high exposure to hard drug use and dependence, the sort of thing that can destroy a family, or even a community.

Black males are overrepresented in crimes today, that is not in dispute: but how many dashcam videos are surfacing of (white) police beating unarmed black people, all the while yelling 'stop resisting' as the individual is laying curled in a fetal position getting the kicked in the ribs. Yes, that's anecdotal: but it happens often enough to make you wonder how many times it wasn't captured on a camera. We've all heard of a 'dropgun' or 'dropbag' used to quickly and efficiently justify shootings and arrests: I don't think these things are common, but we've all done dodgy things to cover our asses at work, Police are no different: and a black male living in poverty is a LOT easier to pin that sort of thing on BECAUSE of all the statistics you just listed. and then those cases get used in further statistics. I'm not trying to claim cops are racists. that is an overarching, prejudiced blanket statement that negatively affects the image of good cops. But nobody could argue against the fact that a black male is much easier to convict guilty in a courtroom than any other demographic.

This has a further recursive affect that cultural opinion can dictate behaviour. A black individual may have no desire to participate in what is considered 'black culture', or have no traits stereotypically assigned to the 'black' community: but opinions and prejudice that are put upon a person can force them to take a defensive stance, emotionally and psychologically. I sure as hell act differently when I'm among groups of people who have a high chance of not liking me/taking offence to me. Thus ambient, far-reaching racism forces people to act in a racist way, regardless if they want to contribute to the racism or not. If you are in an environment that points its fingers at you, regardless of your intentions, you are much more self aware and reactive. This sort of thing doesn't go away in a single human lifetime.

You can't point at a given population of people and use their cultural position today as an example of their biological predisposition without considering the hundreds of years of poverty and discrimination used against them. The old nature/nurture argument. Yes, segregation was legally abolished 50 years ago, but 50 years is not a long time compared to the hundreds of years a population was living in total poverty, legally banned from progressing in society. 50 years is less than a human lifetime: less than a human lifetime ago: people were legally able to outright refuse to serve a person of color, refuse to let blacks into hotels, neighbourhoods: yet the same people who imposed these laws against people of color were also spouting about the daft psudoscience that you seem to cling to: "They're naturally inferior" "Its their fault".

You put your boot on someone's neck, yet ask why they can't stand up.

You are all too sanguine if you think that publishing an opinion is not considered "unfair." Actions through words have meaning. If not, then why would you target the scums such as Anjem Choudary (Pro-ISIS cleric 'spokesperson' in Britain) for issuing fatwas while lifting even one finger? Why would it be that you would suddenly be on edge over book burning?

When it comes to race, you are taught that difference. Let me tell you something. Back in the middle ages, the Moors certainly didn't have the 'taught' image that they have by this point in time. If you think that idea isn't something that has actual impact, then you clearly are overly idealistic to think that human actions are separate from their thoughts.

Publishing an opinion IS AN ACTION :rolleyes:

No, racism is racism, even if you don't take action. Like the awesome Avenue Q songs says "Everybody is a little bit racist, inside." I admit it, I am a little bit racist. I have stereotypes that exist in my head. What I try NOT to do is to not let my racist stereotypes negatively DISCRIMINATE.

it's funny how you say "wrong because you have an overly idealistic and frankly unrealistic view of the human mind." I don't think you understand what racism means. Rezerekted got some of it right, but by definition: "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Even if you DO NOT ACT on the prejudice or discrimination it is STILL IN YOUR HEAD. To think that "I would never marry an Asian" is not racist it overly idealistic and unrealistic. Racism exists, even in good people. What separates good ppl from bad ppl is whether or not they let their thoughts actually manifest into action.

Fine fine. Whatever. Here is my point and it's akin to "the tree falling in the forest, does it make a sound". I have two people before me, both are hiring managers for the same company. Both hired someone today, both of the new hires are minorities of races different then the hiring managers'. One hiring manager is, by your definition, completely free of racist thoughts, the other "rose above them" to make the proper hiring decision.

Which one is a racist?

By your thought, a man who takes no racist actions is still racist if he has racist thoughts. By mine thought, neither is racist because they didn't do anything racist in action. You think that have impure thoughts is enough to condemn, I do not, I see it as a tryumph of reason and morality to rise above ones inner thought and predjudices to do what is right. I'd take the second over the first ever time.

So, in other words. While the country is taking on a few hundred thousand refugees from Syria and the middle east, the people of Germany are not allowed to say anything against the influx of refugees and are thus silenced as their dissent is racist and xenophobic.

Nice censorship you got there.

That didn't last long. Germany is slamming shut the door. They likely want to suppress any discussion which is politically embarassing to the flip flop of positions. This is a vailed way of doing that.

Every single human being alive displays signs of in-group bias (AKA 'unconscious discrimination', matching color bias, and/or racism (to some degree)) and is well established in behavioral science, and it has its roots long long ago, in humanity’s tribal era. The fact is, the people in your own band are more likely to nurture you, care for you and protect you from harm, while the people from the tribe over the hill are more likely to, well, eat you.

Even adult people that claimed they didn't do this, through tests, were confirmed to have this as well, this shits been studied! Even on babies.

EVERYONE IS 'RACIST' (everyone thinks their own kind is the best kind), in their own ways, period!

The real problem I see is that more white people are on top on this planet than everyone else so they all (a very large chunk anyway) band together to blame whitey, for everything. I seriously don't know why whites keep letting people in their borders from other tribes when all they're ever going to do is cry their way all the way up to your top.They want what they think you all have, IMO.

Take a test here
You all know that 'white' is not a race, right?

Didn't mean to call you out, hence why I said "you all." There's lots of talk about the 'white race' in this thread and it's just so blatantly ignorant

It's not ignorant at all when it's commonly used by most of mankind. There is no one native to America either if everyone really did start inside Africa which all current science points to. Words are funny like that. What I do find funniest about your comment though is that there is only once race according to science (Homo Sapiens) and yet even the government still uses race (white people) for categorizing differences in people instead of just using ethnic groups or something less ambiguous and emotionally charged. Kind of like how you got when I used 'whites'...;)

It's not ignorant at all when it's commonly used by most of mankind. There is no one native to America either if everyone really did start inside Africa which all current science points to. Words are funny like that. What I do find funniest about your comment though is that there is only once race according to science (Homo Sapiens) and yet even the government still uses race (white people) for categorizing differences in people instead of just using ethnic groups or something less ambiguous and emotionally charged. Kind of like how you got when I used 'whites'...;)

It's all part of the tools used to get people all riled up.

It's all part of the tools used to get people all riled up.

I'm pretty sure it's what I already explained in this thread. Everyone is implicitly biased and everyone thinks their own kind is the best kind (even if not consciously). The problem occurs when other kinds hear another kind saying they're the best kind. Challenges start. The way I see it, if you're mad because someone else is (extremely) 'racist', it's only because you yourself are also (extremely) racist, for your people though. Now, that's real life to me.

All life wants to survive and it'll fight you for it. We have meat eating plants and meat that doesn't eat plants on this rock flying through space. Life is strange.

Back