Facebook Is Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook is down. Bummer, I guess we'll just have to spend the rest of our Friday working. Thanks to the 5,000 panicked people that sent this one in. ;)

*UPDATE* It's back online, please halt all workplace productivity and resume posting selfies on Facebook. :)

Last edited:
panic-attack.png

I hardly ever use FB... Does this not happen from time to time? Or is this going to make the news? lol

Just about every time I go to FB all I see is kittens hiding in boxes and dogs eating couches. The one time I'm waiting for my Grandson to message me to let me know when his plane is coming in from Virginia...FB is down.

Just about every time I go to FB all I see is kittens hiding in boxes and dogs eating couches.

Well, that works fine! It's just like reddit!

Are you saying you hate kittens and puppies?

Who cares? I used to get on Facebook about once a week. Finally got tired of pressing "Clear" on my cell to get rid of Facebook notifications, changed that app setting, so now I really have no idea how often I get on there.

Amusing. Since Facebook just talked recently about how they are the 24/7 cloud service of the future :eek:

Eh, people call the police for all sots of ridiculous things, such as getting the wrong order when they pick up their food at a restaurant, their pizza being delivered late, for not being helped onto a bus, or even calling them to report that someone stole their marijuana...

It doesn't surprise me that some of those same individuals would do the same thing when it comes to "losing" Facebook for a few minutes.

On another note, if Facebook did go down for good, someone else would simply step up and take its place. Maybe Myspace could enjoy a revival... (scratch that thought)

Eh, people call the police for all sots of ridiculous things, such as getting the wrong order when they pick up their food at a restaurant, their pizza being delivered late, for not being helped onto a bus, or even calling them to report that someone stole their marijuana...

It doesn't surprise me that some of those same individuals would do the same thing when it comes to "losing" Facebook for a few minutes.

On another note, if Facebook did go down for good, someone else would simply step up and take its place. Maybe Myspace could enjoy a revival... (scratch that thought)

Actually lots of people rely on Facebook for overall communication so if it did go down for go there would be hundreds of millions of pissed off people. We like to mock them but Facebook has a monopoly on what they do and they have a gigantic consumer base.

I would also not be surprised by the impact Facebook going down would have on industries that depend on its continued growth.

On tonight's news...

"Facebook went down for several hours today. Companies around the globe saw record profits due to a 900% increase in productivity. So far, Facebook is the only company reported to be impacted negatively."

Wait what, Sweet flaming meatballs, what the hell will I do with my life now!???

...Oh yeah I'm at work, carry on.

On tonight's news...

"Facebook went down for several hours today. Companies around the globe saw record profits due to a 900% increase in productivity. So far, Facebook is the only company reported to be impacted negatively."

What about all the people spamming F5 to get facebook back?

Too funny! I must be a loser because I won't ever get a Facebood account. Oh wait, I am a loser. LOL :p

Just about every time I go to FB all I see is kittens hiding in boxes and dogs eating couches. The one time I'm waiting for my Grandson to message me to let me know when his plane is coming in from Virginia...FB is down.

Guess you forgot about that thing called a phone that you used when you were his age ;)

Russian Hackers

People always ask when WW3 will start. I think this would be the event. Russian (Neo-Soviet's to make it sound cooler) hack the USA Internet infrastructure to bring down Facebook, reddit, and 4Chan. American's call for war, launching a nuclear strike to The New Russian Federation of Soviet Republic.

Back