Facebook Interns Make $75k A Year

[Tripod]MajorPayne;1039442638 said:
They wouldn't get the talent they wanted for $55k.

In this economy when there's supposedly a lot of engineering/comp-sci kids looking for internships (and jobs) that have relatively limited availability? :confused:

In this economy when there's supposedly a lot of engineering/comp-sci kids looking for internships (and jobs) that have relatively limited availability? :confused:

Companies at this level only recruits from the top engineering schools, think top 10 or maybe top 20. That costs money.

I worked as an intern for Microsoft this past summer. Compared to Google, Amazon, and Microsoft, this is a little lower, although comparable. Interns make roughly ~75-80% of a full time employee.

Also, keep in mind that these are mostly interns without completing their Bachelor's Degrees yet. I worked as an Electrical Engineering Microsoft at intern before taking a full time offer. My roommate was a CS major working as a Software Development intern graduating with his BS the next Fall Semester, and made the same amount as me. Quite a bit of cash since we were living in Redmond, WA.

Back