Facebook Handed Over Your Data To The Feds Over 81% Of The Time

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Facebook's most recent Global Government Requests Report, the search giant has complied with over eighty one percent of all demands for user data by U.S. law enforcement agencies. The scariest part? There were almost twice as many requests in 2016 compared to the previous year. :eek:

So LEAs produce court orders and Facebook usually complies... can't say I'm terribly pissed off at that.

Facebook is an awesome spying tool, even the dumb criminals post their data there.

I feel pretty confident I'm NOT one of 30,041 people...so not worried

I am absolutely confident that I'm not because I don't use Facebook. Why anyone would post the intimate details of their lives for some corporation to profit off of with no compensation absolutely baffles me. And the fact that they'll just hand all that to a LEA when asked makes it all the more baffling. Do people think Facebook exists as some sort of island that only their "friends" can ever see?

Given that they also owns IG and Whatsapp, your info is still going out there.

Sadly the damn sheep cant understand this and keep using their stuff.

How often did they hand your data over to "commercial partners" ?

Bet there's no way even one record was sold to a commercial company and provided it to the gov as part of "cyber intelligence". None at all I bet.

I am absolutely confident that I'm not because I don't use Facebook. Why anyone would post the intimate details of their lives for some corporation to profit off of with no compensation absolutely baffles me. And the fact that they'll just hand all that to a LEA when asked makes it all the more baffling. Do people think Facebook exists as some sort of island that only their "friends" can ever see?

You can actually use facebook without posting intimate details you know? Not every detail is intimate.

You can actually use facebook without posting intimate details you know? Not every detail is intimate.
Who knows how much data Facebook truly collects.

I haven't figured out yet how to remove Facebook from my Galaxy phone, and I never even installed it nor use facebook. I wouldn't be surprised if it tracks when and where I am at all times, what websites I browse, keywords in texts, you name it.

Now granted I'm a lemming, virtually indistinguishable from the billions of other hairless apes like me dragging their knuckles around and throwing feces on the internet, so there's no reason for anyone to really pay much attention to me, but its still annoying how much you're spied on these days.

Back