Facebook Giving You More Articles You Want to Spend Time Viewing

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook announced today that it is now ranking articles based on how long you read them. That's odd because it feels like the exact opposite happens to me. The less interested I am in something on Facebook, the more often I see it.

With this change, we can better understand which articles might be interesting to you based on how long you and others read them, so you’ll be more likely to see stories you’re interested in reading. This change only factors in the time people spend reading an article regardless of whether that time is spent reading an Instant Article or an article in the mobile web browser.

I have no idea how they choose what goes on my timeline, it is so confusing.

I have a few gaming websites or news consolidator sites in my Facebook feed so I do see certain articles that are interesting enough to spend some time with. I also have a couple of the conspiracy/anti vax sites in my feed so sometimes I read their articles to see how far off the ranch some of them want to go (pretty far for most) :)

I have a few gaming websites or news consolidator sites in my Facebook feed so I do see certain articles that are interesting enough to spend some time with. I also have a couple of the conspiracy/anti vax sites in my feed so sometimes I read their articles to see how far off the ranch some of them want to go (pretty far for most) :)

I had a girl from school that is a extreme far left liberal anti-vaxer. Holy shit she's bat shit crazy. I had to drop her. Anti-vaxers are some odd ducks.

I get a few weird Facebook articles, but I just skip them.

The best solution to improve your Facebook experience is delete your account and never look back.

I think I look at FB about once a year these days.

Unless something happens with a relative, just the fact so many other people use it makes it easy to see things fast.

The wife is there enough watching things I don't piss with it in general.

How about they just serve me all posts from my friends in chronological order from when they were posted?
That's all I want.

How about they just serve me all posts from my friends in chronological order from when they were posted?
That's all I want.
You can adjust your setting for the newsfeed to "most recent" instead of "top stories". Although for some reason FB is always switching it back to top again.

You can adjust your setting for the newsfeed to "most recent" instead of "top stories". Although for some reason FB is always switching it back to top again.

That won't fix it Kbrickley, I do this all the time. Not only is there an process where they choose what you do and don't see from people, they also refuse to use just basic post time. If you use most recent like I do, you'll start to see headings on things like "Xyz responded to a comment" "Abc Liked this post" for items you've already seen, thus pushing things down further or just unseen.

Back