Facebook Gets a Facelift

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook has a bit of a new look. Nothing drastic, I checked my profile and didn’t see anything earth shattering aside from it having an expanded Wall and a cleaner look. What do you guys think of the change?

Central to the redesign, to be unveiled Monday, is an expanded Wall, the section of a member's personal profile page where friends can leave comments and photos. People will now be able to add items more easily, and the Wall will incorporate reports on a user's activities previously found on a user's "Mini-Feed."

It's supposed to roll out some time on Monday, but it doesn't say what time. I notice no changes so far, so I think we can expect the changes by later tonight.

Supposedly some things will be organized into tabs and also the Mini-Feed is getting integrated into the Wall. Some welcome changes, but I partly think it's the user's responsibility to make things look good too (read: STOP INSTALLING DUMB BS APPS)

I dunno, doesn't look all that bad BUT I agree with the person that said it has a MySpace-ish feel to it.

Is it possible you guys aren't seeing the new site?

I believe http://www.new.facebook.com/ is what you need to hit, until it takes over for the old design.

Thanks...

I like the usage of the tabs (especially the photo tab) but making it look wider/fatter makes it less simple -- there's more to look at in any given moment and thus its more distracting to focus on something

Wow. That might possibly be the worst step backwards for a popular website that I have seen in quite sometime.

Since there is no edit button in this forum: you can change it back to the old way. up in the top right there is a link where you can set it back to the old style. whew! dodged a bullet there.

Great new look! It filters out all the shite and the the aquariums, horoscopes, plastic dog turds and garbage that clutter up people's profiles and just gives you the update feed, integrated with the wall, along with larger, clear pics of photos added and mugshots of people commenting, plus a clear photo section. The garbage is all hidden away on separate tabs, yet still accessible for people who give a crap (i.e. nobody).

Love it!

(The chat is buggered though)

Suck ass, the old look was much cleaner and easier to use IMO. Looked more put together.

The new look is bloaty and large feeling like many newer sites are doing (not a good thing).

I'll give them this, it is more usable. My first impression was overwhelmingly negative; after using it for a while, it is fairly intuitive (though there are some serious bugs with navigation through pictures and some other apps). But goddamn is it ugly. It looks like every other "web 2.0" site. Whereas before at least it was its own kind of ugly.

Back