Facebook FAIL of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
So much for Facebook privacy, you can't even threaten to detonate pipe bombs on the subway anymore. I blame YOU Zuckerberg!

Twenty-five-year-old Awais Younis (eh-WAYS YOO-niss) of Arlington, a native of Afghanistan, was arrested in November after an acquaintance contacted the FBI. The acquaintance was alarmed by comments made by Younis during a Facebook chat about building pipe bombs with specific types of shrapnel to cause maximum damage on the Metro system.

Which begs the question, what is the optimal shrapnel type and if you reply to my comment will you be visited by the FBI? I'm voting for cardboard as it's burny while at the same time green.

Which begs the question, what is the optimal shrapnel type and if you reply to my comment will you be visited by the FBI? I'm voting for cardboard as it's burny while at the same time green.

Whatever that damn plastic is they wrap up headphones and toys with. Good god that stuff only comes apart in razer sharp pieces and it takes a goddamn hacksaw to even get into it.

As for this guy; maybe he proves that Facebook is indeed a valuable social good? :D

Pfft, these amateurs think too small. A mere subway? Please that is childs play. I am going to plant a bomb in the center of the earth and demand a million dollars not to detonate it. Now that is thinking big! :D

Pfft, these amateurs think too small. A mere subway? Please that is childs play. I am going to plant a bomb in the center of the earth and demand a million dollars not to detonate it. Now that is thinking big! :D

Goodness, I wonder how many tera-tons of TNT you'd need before anything was even felt at the surface through 4,000 miles of rock?

Whatever that damn plastic is they wrap up headphones and toys with. Good god that stuff only comes apart in razer sharp pieces and it takes a goddamn hacksaw to even get into it.

You just need a sharper knife :)
After several years of opening kids christmas presents, I've gotten pretty good at it. Just slice along 3 sides and pull it open.

Shit, I hope nobody at work gets scared when I discuss what should happen to the TSA.

Facebook fails every day.

But at least it served a good purpose today, catching a really stupid terrorist.

Facebook - Used for terrorist communication since 2007
Facebook - Used for catching terrorist since 2011
Facebook - Rules the world in 2020

Gestation period be damned, just more proof of Neanderthal mating with humans.

This is what happens when, in your vain desire to be "popular" on facebook by having all those "friends" you add every man and his dog then, forgetting that these people aren't actually your friends and don't know you from a bar of soap - you begin to share with them all the wild thoughts and experiences that make this life of yours.

When a mate you know says he's gonna blow something up, you temper the statement with your knowledge of him (and thus can discern what is mere jest).

When a stranger you don't know says he's gonna blow something up, you've got nothing else to go on but your own sense of morality and security.

Predictable outcomes really.

packing peanuts.

lol

They don't have sharp edges, you should really consider bubble wrap, almost cut my finger off (although only went half way and yes i got lucky) and scared the hell out of me at the same time when bubble popped.

Every time they blow a bomb in a subway we should nuke one of there cities.

.......Also do you think this would have gotten the attention of the person if he wasn't of Arabic decent?

What a dumbass, serves his ass right that he got arrested. Discussing how to make bombs and "weapons of mass destruction" on Facebook, fail.

.......Also do you think this would have gotten the attention of the person if he wasn't of Arabic decent?

no. Because you see the same reaction when a kid posts something like this threating his school or any one threating mass attacks.

Today on facebook I told an old man to die alone in a nursing home (true story). Does that mean I should get 20 years at Sing Sing?

Only if the method of death is you killing him.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but threats and plans to kill isn't the smartest thing to say in public.

/Dr. Evil "One million dollars! ooooh ho ho ho . .. ."

/awkward pauses

/Dr. Evil "One hundred billion dollars!!!"

I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch the Dr. Evil reference. You win sir.

facebook is addicted and great. Zukerberg is a genious, I wish I was rich like him!!!

You just need a sharper knife :)
After several years of opening kids christmas presents, I've gotten pretty good at it. Just slice along 3 sides and pull it open.

I find that scissors work better - but yeah, 3 sides and you're in.

Back