• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Facebook Exec To Step Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Owen Van Natta, Facebook's chief revenue officer and vice president of operations, has announced his departure from the company. Facebook released a statement saying they are very grateful for the contributions Owen has made to the company.

Van Natta told All Things D's Kara Swisher in an interview on Tuesday that he plans to seek a CEO position at another company--the identity of which he's not sure of yet. At Facebook, Van Natta had been chief operating officer until an executive reshuffling last summer placed him (some would say it was a demotion) into his present role. He had been at Facebook since September 2005, long before its meteoric rise in popularity last year.
 
Amazing that a site such as facebook would have a CEO, COO, and even a CRO :)

Sometimes these step downs are part of things to come or sometimes it's terminations but covered up to keep the image.
 
The day that they added the Applications to facebook was the day that i started using it less and less.

Honestly, I got bloody 1020 app requests right now. I know that there is a Delete All button, but whats the point? I get about 200 per day.
 
I used to be an avid facebook user, but there are so many silly Applications that the window is ridiculously cluttered.
 
Some people's profiles take literally minutes to scrol through. Not to mention that applications allow users to literally forward porn to profiles. Which makes some people's profiles NSFW.
 
Hm. That sounds like Myspace!

I used to use Facebook all the time. I loved how it wasn't open to the public, plain, simple, and it was a good way to keep up with my friends that I NEVER see anymore because of distance.

Interesting how I am only on there when I get an email about a message, and usually just ignore ALL stupid requests. "Help Amanda save the world!"
 
Back
Top