Facebook Diversity Report Is Same As Yahoo, Google

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook, not wanting to be left out of the current "controversy over diversity" parade, has released its diversity report for all to criticize...uhhh...see.

At Facebook, diversity is essential to achieving our mission. We build products to connect the world, and this means we need a team that understands and reflects many different communities, backgrounds and cultures. Research also shows that diverse teams are better at solving complex problems and enjoy more dynamic workplaces. So at Facebook we’re serious about building a workplace that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.

07_ethnicity_senior.png

This actually does look racist as hell.

And I don't know why everyone lumps Indians together with Asians; they're not real Asians.

I applied the same study to the NBA and was very disappointed to find out I will likely never be able to play in it. Almost everyone is black and for some reason you get a job as a player there based on your "skills and abilities" because of something called "competition".

Luckily in the tech field there's no competition so we can hire people just based on their skin color and gender and not worry about whether they're qualified or not. oh wait....

If people really wanted to "make a change" in the cultural make up of the industry, every time this study comes out we'd try to fix our educational system which is overwhelmingly failing our country's poor and minority children.

As far as gender is concerned, I used to run the real estate portfolio for a rich guy who owned a fashion company. Guess what? When I was in the fashion company's offices, 99.9999% of the staff was female. SHOCKER!!!

Diversity is the PC word for racism. When will people learn that dividing people into groups based on skin color is being "diverse," it's being racist. Human beings are oh-so-much-more than the color of their skins. We'll know that we've passed the racist test when skin color no longer means anything, isn't required on government forms under the disguise of "ethnic background," affirmative-action programs are outlawed as racist, and when we all stop dividing the populace into groups, the sole criteria of which is skin color.

Stupid libs. Obviously white men are just better at programming. I don't see anyone complaining about the diversity report of MY KITCHEN which is 100% FEMALE

BOOM!

While I will agree that things seem to get over blown... No one mentioned that yes EVERYONE tends to be biased towards what they are used to and know.

50-74% is pretty big number that needs serious analysis. While it could still be "expected" it should be looked at.

The tech industries are some of the most skilled typical jobs we have not that everything else has been sent over-seas. Customer service is not going to replace manufacturing from days past, it is still considered the "teen-agers" and retiree's job. Though slowly being adapted, and then exported.

I don't see a problem with this, at all.

Primarily asian companies hire only asians. The same goes for mexicans and indians.

Where is the diversity report for [H] and PCPer? Nothing but males as far as I can tell are on [H] (although I have seen Steve in a bra) and definitely nothing but WHITE guys on the PCPer podcast. Someone needs to look into this lack of females who like to overclock and play with PC hardware.

Answer..

xlarge.jpg

Hiring this MSI gaming rig assembly lady would solve a bunch of diversity problems for either site!! She totally knows PC hardware ("Hold the power supply. Careful, it's heavy!"), is a gamer, is female, and is Asian. Diversity problem completely solved!!

07_ethnicity_senior.png

And I don't know why everyone lumps Indians together with Asians; they're not real Asians.

What's interesting, is that Asians are the best paid race in the US. While Native Americans are the worst. On average, I think Asians make up to $15k more per year than the next race.

07_ethnicity_senior.png

I suppose it would, if you weren't good at statistics and completely ignored standardized testing. The numbers show us that white males score among the highest (poorer in mathematics to asians, but superior in reading/writing/comprehension scores) and are the most numerous applicants. Asian-Americans would be more dominant, but remember they only make up 5% of the US population, and so a 19% representation is actually reasonably high.

But I suppose these days race and gender is more important than merit, so lets start giving the jobs to less qualified applicants to hit racial quotas.

cbs-by-race-ethnicity.jpg

sat-act+race.png

SAT scores by race:
satbyracechart.gif

Scores by family income levels:
5a.gif

What's interesting, is that Asians are the best paid race in the US. While Native Americans are the worst. On average, I think Asians make up to $15k more per year than the next race.
Because Native Americans score TREMENDOUSLY lower as a group than Asian Americans. Smarter people make more money. Want your kids to earn more? Adopt a culture that emphasizes scholastic achievement first and foremost.

Why do you think that there are so many more asian kids that are skilled in instruments than other races? Its cultural; their parents more often encouraged them to take up piano or violin.

If people really wanted to "make a change" in the cultural make up of the industry, every time this study comes out we'd try to fix our educational system which is overwhelmingly failing our country's poor and minority children.
More like the country's poor and minority children that are failing the educational system. Illegal immigrants are sucking away approximately 1/3 of the educational resources in California.

More like the country's poor and minority children that are failing the educational system. Illegal immigrants are sucking away approximately 1/3 of the educational resources in California.

I wonder how many of California's agricultural products they are sucking away, excuse me, producing.

Wow. "Our company is not diverse. We blame the nasty practice of...hiring the most competent people."

We vow, in the future, to fix this heinous disparity by adopting a new approach. All potential hires will have to have survived a season of either Jersey Shore, The Real World, or Whale Wars, or Duck Dynasty.

As a bonus solution, any person of African American origin who can actually get a job working with Dog the Bounty Hunter will be instantly hired!

Note: IQ must not exceed single digits!

Because Native Americans score TREMENDOUSLY lower as a group than Asian Americans. Smarter people make more money. Want your kids to earn more? Adopt a culture that emphasizes scholastic achievement first and foremost.

Why do you think that there are so many more asian kids that are skilled in instruments than other races? Its cultural; their parents more often encouraged them to take up piano or violin.

He hit the nail on the head

Why doesn't the news spend more time reporting on diversity in the fields of nursing, cosmetology, primary school teachers, child care, waiting staff, or erotic dancers? Women make up the majority in all those areas, and the news media is silent. 90% of the news is propaganda for Democrats.

90% of the news is propaganda for Democrats.
For at least two decades now. *nods* Like the Nazi Propaganda leader Goebels said, if they repeat their lie often enough, the people will believe it, and eventually even they will believe it.

To flip that around, going by not so scientific observations by me, why don't Asians make up a greater portion of orchestras, which seem to be filled by mostly white males and females, if they are taking up musical instruments at a young age?

I applied the same study to the NBA and was very disappointed to find out I will likely never be able to play in it. Almost everyone is black and for some reason you get a job as a player there based on your "skills and abilities" because of something called "competition".

Yet the diversity study for the NBA will be how there is not enough minority head coaches

To flip that around, going by not so scientific observations by me, why don't Asians make up a greater portion of orchestras, which seem to be filled by mostly white males and females, if they are taking up musical instruments at a young age?
They are? The two most famous orchestras in the United States that I know of are the New York Philharmonic and Boston Symphony Orchestra:
Alan-Gilbert-sfSpan.jpg

phil.600.jpg

1503.jpg

Asians make up 5% of the population, and are well represented... and not sure if this is surprising or not, but in Singapore where the majority of the population was asian and white were a minority (6%), most of the musicians were asian. Racist, I know, but what can you do. :rolleyes: ;)

What is an asian? Is India not part of the Asian Continent?

Indians are Asian because they are from part of the Asian continent. But they are not oriental like that of Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, these dirty knees :)

Indians are Asian because they are from part of the Asian continent. But they are not oriental like that of Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, these dirty knees :)
I think you mean to say "East-Asian"... pretty sure they don't like being called oriental. And if you want to be picky about it, a Japanese guy will more often than not be very offended if you say he's the same race as a Chinese guy. Or ask him if he's Filipino for laughs.

The reason Asians are lumped together and not broken down into sub-groups is because even all together they don't make up a tremendous amount of the population.... there's no sinister plot. Besides, all white people aren't the same race either technically, as you surely wouldn't confuse a Spanish girl in Madrid with a red headed Irish lass from Dublin and a slavic girl from Moscow or an Iranian babe from Tehran even though they are all technically "white".

Doing those kinds of things just doesn't seem attractive/attainable for the majority of the Black and Hispanic communities. I think that is the problem, not the company's hiring process. Peer-pressure growing up to be "cool" and go have fun, instead of hitting the books and planning for the future beyond high-school.

Sad.

The root word orientālis simply means of the east and has nothing to do with ethnicity.

The root word orientālis simply means of the east and has nothing to do with ethnicity.
And the N-word just comes from the root latin word for black... good luck using that argument. Generally oriental in practice is reserved for objects, not people. "Ooh that oriental rug is beautiful" is ok... "Ooh that oriental chick belongs on my lap" not so much.

Careful, this kind of reasoning is un-pc! Stop making so much sense!

I think you mean to say "East-Asian"... pretty sure they don't like being called oriental. And if you want to be picky about it, a Japanese guy will more often than not be very offended if you say he's the same race as a Chinese guy. Or ask him if he's Filipino for laughs.

The reason Asians are lumped together and not broken down into sub-groups is because even all together they don't make up a tremendous amount of the population.... there's no sinister plot. Besides, all white people aren't the same race either technically, as you surely wouldn't confuse a Spanish girl in Madrid with a red headed Irish lass from Dublin and a slavic girl from Moscow or an Iranian babe from Tehran even though they are all technically "white".

Being an "east asian" myself, I and those I know can tell with good accuracy the region another asian comes from just from how dark they are, facial features and such. Not hard to distinguish a Filipino guy from a Chinese guy, big diff.

All news must be categorized and degenerated into one of or more of the following victim categories (ranked in order of importance):

1. Race
2. Gender
3. Sexual Preference
4. Age
5. Weight

To the original article, WHO FUCKING CARES and why is it everyone's business who a company hires to work for it?!?

i'm so angry these companies care about diversity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The companies don't care about it. They hired the best person for the job and didn't let this bullshit concept called "diversity" influence them into hiring someone who wasn't as good as the original hire.

To the original article, WHO FUCKING CARES and why is it everyone's business who a company hires to work for it?!?

Good question. Who care's? What's interesting is that this is the third article posted on this forum about this subject on this forum recently with the same crowd in the discussion. So I think the answer to your question would be the people that have posted multiple times in this and the prior two thread.

I hope they don't change their hiring policies. I mentioned this elsewhere (and had a huge debate about it), but enforced diversity is really stupid. Unless it's proven they discriminate against other races than Asians and Whites, they should just keep on trucking.

I'm so angry these companies care about merit instead of racial quotas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuz obviously the only explanation for these diversity numbers is merit. Why can't people accept that white people are just better at everything?

I'm so angry these companies care about merit instead of racial quotas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're seem to have this bizarre believe that merit based hiring and diversity are mutually exclusive. You also seem to get angry when companies try to increase diversity.

I hope they don't change their hiring policies. I mentioned this elsewhere (and had a huge debate about it), but enforced diversity is really stupid. Unless it's proven they discriminate against other races than Asians and Whites, they should just keep on trucking.

Depends on what they change and how they change it. Quotas are detrimental but systems that force people to consider all potential applicants are good. There is usually a range of what is acceptable for most jobs and picking any applicant within a certain range is probably equivalent. Picking the top candidate may or may not be the best approach depending on what they cost (wage inflation is not beneficial to business or workers). People with differing backgrounds and cultures bring different perspectives on problems and solutions that might be lacking otherwise. There are good ways for companies to improve their diversity in ways that benefit the company, the other workers, and the customers. These are all smart companies and I am confident they can figure out a way to handle without the ham fisted approaches that the governments and NGOs take. ;)

Back