Facebook Chase Deals

Streyeder

Cornflake Pisser
I was checking out the new Chase group on facebook and getting my free wallet when I decided to comparison shop. It appears the shipping is free and if you link you chase card you'll get an extra $10 off. Most prices were running equal with amazon, with this exception that I found:

Philips DVP642 Multi Region Code Free DivX-Certified Progressive-Scan DVD Player
Facebook/Chase:
$48
Amazon:
$65
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP642-Region-DivX-Certified-Progressive-Scan/dp/B000I4RKW4

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Chase is the worst CC company in my opinion. I just don't understand why they need to telemarket to their own customers once a week. If I already have a chase card why do I need another one every single week.

Circuit City had a deal last weak for the same DVD player for 49.99 on online orders. Looks like they are back to 59.99 for it. Still a great price on this DVD player that plays every type of common video file format. Plays DIVX, XVID, mpeg 1, mpeg2....well honestly that's all I've tried so far. But all works.

NOTE: On some XVID files, you had to hit the system menu button then hit it again to make the movie play without problems.

I have a DVP-642, but sorry, LG LDA-511 ftw. LDA-511 > DVP-642. Its a little more pricey, but it does HD upconversion (720p and 1080i), reads anything from the SD/CF/MMC slots, plays divx/xvid/wmv/mpg/avi/mp3/wma, etc. I like it 10x better than my 642.. and the lg has sweet blue lights and a vacuum loading slot. ^_^

only downside to the 511 is that it will EAT your duallayer dvd's. I've got one. Other than it gets hungry from time to time, I love it.

JohnleMVP said:
Chase is the worst CC company in my opinion. I just don't understand why they need to telemarket to their own customers once a week. If I already have a chase card why do I need another one every single week.

i'll confirm chase is the worst bank/credit company ever. they pissed me off once and now i will never do business with them again. oh, and i've told all my family and friends about their shady practices too.

You know those additional offers are OPT-IN, I OPTED-OUT and I never get spam (anymore) from Chase.

I've got one of those $2500 limit/No APR for 18 months cards. Love it.

I have one, love it, ya da ya da. But: it doesn't do the quarter-pixel (QPel) codec for XviD, and it drives me nuts 'cause it seems like every other movie I... ah... obtain for archival purposes... is encoded with QPel. Anybody else run into this, and if so is there an update or similar?

Just wondering.

MT_Head said:
I have one, love it, ya da ya da. But: it doesn't do the quarter-pixel (QPel) codec for XviD, and it drives me nuts 'cause it seems like every other movie I... ah... obtain for archival purposes... is encoded with QPel. Anybody else run into this, and if so is there an update or similar?

Just wondering.
yea, you have to use the custom bruno compiled firmware. You can get them here.. (http://www.cfide.com.br/dvp/) I forget which one I got, but you have to look on the bottom of the player to make sure you get the right one for yours. There's the 642/17, 642/37, and 642/78. It fixes all the issues, makes it region free, better divx support, better xvid support, etc.

JohnleMVP said:

QFT to the max!

Back