Facebook Apologizes For Brief Outage

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook was down for a half an hour this morning and you'd think the world was coming to an end. The good news is that workplace productivity was up 900% during that same time period. ;)

Facebook went down for around half an hour this morning, frustrating would-be users of the social network around the world. "Something went wrong," a message on the social network told would-be visitors. "We resolved the issue quickly," the company says.

In the end, I think everyone would have been happy if it stayed down.. permanently.

I see their new network switching product is working really well! :p

No, literally everyone. I use it, but feel it really does now days is add extra drama, create arguments and means of stalking, and is a way to just brag.

Exact reasons I deactivated mine. Shameless self-promotion is the main focus of the site for most users it seems.

The biggest problem with Facebook isn't that it exists and the people taking care of it had the nerve to bring it back online after it was broken to the benefit of the world. Its just that people who get together and communicate tend to create caustic, yucky drama. Communication and socializing is great and all, but groups of people bring out the worst attributes of humans and those who are bad to begin with have their reach magnified to span the globe. Since we tend to focus on and remember negative nancy stuff more than good and happy super-deluxe things, the influence of socialization via the web seems to have the potential to do great damage to human civilization by breeding feelings of ill and naughty thoughts. It's a good thing that it's a last generation fad that's for old people because making it span generations of people would be dangerous for the survival of the species in ways only matched by what Google is knowingly doing in order to farm human-based money crops.

Why is there so much facebook hate?

I like going on facebook. Just keep your profile closed and accept real friends. Its a great way to keep up with people you cant see a lot.

Yeah... they can sell my information , but just keep the basic stuff... no harm will come.

Why is there so much facebook hate?

I like going on facebook. Just keep your profile closed and accept real friends. Its a great way to keep up with people you cant see a lot.

Yeah... they can sell my information , but just keep the basic stuff... no harm will come.

Somehow you assume real friends(whatever that means today) are not going to act like self important jerks, braggarts and attention whores.

The real issue with Facebook is that nobody posts pictures of themselves when things are bad. If you chose someone at random and attempted to know everything about them simply by their Facebook page, you would think they vacation during the day and party at night, day in day out. The only time someone posts something negative is when they are trying to generate sympathy. Why is this important? Because people who are in dire straits emotionally or those who are prone to depression see everyone else's Facebook page and the false image of a human life it portrays, and they want that for themselves. A "friend" total suddenly quantifies social success or failure.

Of course, I can't directly attribute Facebook to the random acts of mass murder that we see today. The deterioration of their mental state likely began long before Facebook ever existed. However, when you read into the background and try to get a feel for the mental state of these assailants, they all have at least some "online prescence" and share one similar emotional state: loneliness.

Back