Facebook Adds New Way to Say 'Happy Birthday'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook has announced its new birthday cam feature that will allow users to record 15-second videos wishing their friends a happy birthday.

Birthday video cam, which is iOS-only for now, appears on your friends' profiles on their birthday. Tap it and you can record your message. If you like, you can swipe through a series of birthday-themed frames to really drive home the point before you post it on your friend's timeline.

Friend don't let friends use iOS (or facebook for that matter) :)

Holy crap, if I have to listen to 100+ people saying happy birthday, instead of just skimming them in my feed, I may quit. I love my friends, I don't always love the people my friends become on the internet.

I hope the give you the option of not allowing this. If my friends want to write something on my timeline thats one thing, but I do not need a bunch of videos from them. If they are that good of a friend and they want to do something more personal they can call me or wish me a happy birthday in person. If this becomes a thing I may just have to hide my birthday on Facebook so it wont notify people and alow them to do this.

Back