Facebook Adds Food Ordering Feature

HardOCP News

[H] News
Me: What's for dinner tonight honey?
Wife: I don't know dear, why don't you check Facebook and see what everyone else likes?
Me: Beer and pizza it is!

We’re introducing some new ways for people to take action faster once they’ve found something they want to do or a place they want to go. You can now order food from restaurants directly from their Facebook Pages. Simply click “Start Order” on any restaurant’s Facebook Page that uses Delivery.com or Slice.

Soon..
idiocracy_img2_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

Actually it makes sense. If I am going to pizzahut.com to look at their menu probably means that I am planning on ordering. Same for if I go to facebook.com/pizzahut. If I am looking up a place via their site or via facebook I probably am not just trying to look them up. I want to get information to be able to order. Since I can order through most companies web sites only makes sense that their social media should give me an easy way to order also to avoid having to call a person.

I wonder if you have to "Like" the page before getting the ability to order from them. That would be an easy way to get likes on your page and we all know about how FB likes companies advertising on their site.

Back