Facebook Accused Of Faking Member Endorsements

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook inflating its numbers to trick advertisers into thinking there is more interest in their product than there really is? Say it isn't so. ;)

Just weeks after Facebook was sued for allegedly intercepting private messages, the social network finds itself forced to defend another complaint that it conducts unlawful activities, this time for supposedly falsifying member endorsements -- aka "likes" -- for advertising purposes.

I noticed the following awhile back on Facebook: While scrolling through a list of people who LIKED a post, after awhile, the names started repeating. It was at that point, I wondered if the number of people who LIKED the post was accurate. Apparently not.

Yea, a long time friend of mine who owns a small business recently confessed to me the use of at least 3 fake facebook accounts to help boost their ad tracktion. It seemed they had no issue or concern about it :(

I guess in their eyes you gotta play dirty like this in order to have any chance of success, because the competition does it even more and may have no moral objection to it at all.

FSF_say_no_to_facebook_Zuckerberg.jpg

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_Sqbrzl_IYnf7obl5_EJz_Hvlsjwd3_Ah_Y.jpg

Back