Fable 3 Free on Xbox Live Games on Demand

TechIsCool

Limp Gawd
As of 11:04PM PST Fable 3 is free from the Xbox 360 Dashboard. Just search for fable 3 and download it.

Enjoy

How?

Sorry, just being a dick. Nice to see something for free though.

How?

Sorry, just being a dick. Nice to see something for free though.

Not really sure how my guess is they are going to announce something in the morning about Fable 4 or something. Or its just a mistake.

Nice! Glad I checked [H] one last time before turning in. Thanks OP!!!

Never played any of the Fable games, been thinking about it for a while, can't really beat free.

nice deal thanks for the heads up... if u are getting error 80162713 when trying to download switch to pay with points and it will work... im downloading for free right as i type this

Just got this woot!

You need to have an active Xbox Live Gold Membership associated in order to get it for free. Login to the Market Place. Add it to your cart. Use the Change Payment Method to Points and you will see it come up as FREE.

This is apparently part a of new incentive that MS announced at E3. Gold Members will be getting 1-2 games a month for free.

You checked from your console? If not the xbox.com version still states 19.99 but on the console its free.

I did not. I'll do that when I get home and check it out.

If this is part of the new E3 thing, then SWEET!

Any one know how big this game is? I only have the 4gb 360 and im guessing the game is to big for me to be able to download.

Any one know how big this game is? I only have the 4gb 360 and im guessing the game is to big for me to be able to download.

5.6gb
gonna need a thumbdrive

I still have not been able to get it to work.. Online at least.. wont have access to my xbox for another couple of hours.
(Online is showing free now.. when you are logged in the price will update after a few seconds to say FREE, but fails to purchase)

Purchase online: Failed
Purchase from Xbox with creditcard info: Fail

Purchase online selecting X to purchase with MS points: WIN

(Still active as of 6:17pm EST)

Last edited:
I'm digging this. May MS will start doing direct to drive sales like steam.

Just started my download. Had to hit "x" to pay with points. Otherwise it was failing

Announcement. E3 ...

The company will also bring two games per month, free of charge, to Xbox Live Gold members. The first game is Fable III, available now. July's two games are scheduled to be Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3. Additionally, it was announced that "hundreds" of games are still on the way for Xbox 360.

Back