Fable 2 Character building Qs

GreendogX7

n00b
OK, so I am late to the party. Just picked up my first Xbox ( the holiday bundle w/ lego batman and Pure) and Fable 2.

I am loving Fable 2 so far but was wondering about building my character stats. Is it necessary to specialize in one branch or are there opertunities to grind enough XP to be able to eventually max all skills?

Also any pointers or tips that I should keep in mind as I play from peeps who have played the hell out of this game?

Thanky in advance

Listen for the gargoyles and try to shoot them when you hear them so that you don't have to go searching for them later if you are trying to unlock that achievement.

Listen for the gargoyles and try to shoot them when you hear them so that you don't have to go searching for them later if you are trying to unlock that achievement.

I'm new(er) to the game, but i just finished the Coliseum with the 7-8 different battles you have to fight, and I am yet to come across a gargoyle. Is that bad? lol

well, to give a heads-up on one location, theres a gargoyle in the city area. If just heading in from the main gate, before crossing the bridge with venders on it, go left and theres a path that heads down under the bridge to the water. after passing under the bridge, a little past the homeless shacks, look to your right and upwards. You should hear it too. You'll see a gargoyle head. Thats what you want to shoot.

Its been awhile so I hope what Im describing is right and makes sense.
This way you'll know what to look out for.

If you have ever heard somebody taunting you ("You canny hit meh!") that is a Gargoyle. They have a very distinctive voice, once you catch on to it.

I will say that my character was very good, and by the end looked retarded with blue light shining through the skin in all places. If I ever go back and play through again I am going to try to be bad or as neutral as possible.

I will say that my character was very good, and by the end looked retarded with blue light shining through the skin in all places. If I ever go back and play through again I am going to try to be bad or as neutral as possible.
Yeah, that was my quibble about the game, too - if you amp up your magic, you start looking like a freak. Hopefully Fable 3 will correct this problem.

If you have ever heard somebody taunting you ("You canny hit meh!") that is a Gargoyle. They have a very distinctive voice, once you catch on to it.

Yeah, just listen to the SUPER thick cockney accent that sounds like a London taxi driver. LOL But you can get rid of the blue lines. Just remove some of your spells and the lines will grow less and less. If you're not focused on magic, then all you really need are two maxed out spells. I presonally recommend either shock or that fire one, and time control. If you only max two spells, those blue lines should be pretty much non-existent

But, if you're interested, there is a way to max out everyone of your stats without having to go far in the game! There is actually a glitch that the programmers have overlooked all this time with the co-op function in the game. All you need are two controllers. First, you need to get some experience, so starting from the beginning of the game after you grow up is not the best way to go, so start this after you beat Thag.

1. Have your character ready to go, doesn't matter where you do this glitch, because this game was made to have a friend jump in in coop at any time and any place.
2. Turn on the second controller and have the second character jump in. ATTENTION: You DO NOT need to sign in another profile in order to make this work.
3. So now you should have this screen up that shows your two characters side by side showing how much experience and gold is divided between the two of you. So what you do is set the bar so that your main character gets all the experience, and press A to accept for both characters.
4. Next, all you do is press pause for the secondary character, go to its stats page, and take away all of its experience so it all goes to the general experience pool.
5. Now, just sign out the secondary character and and your main character will keep all the experience in the green experience pool.(Green for general)
6. So now you just keep repeating the steps until your character is maxed out on everything. NOTE: If you do not sign in a profile with the secondary character, the character will automatically have as much experience as the main character. So basically, the more you repeat the steps, the faster the process will become.

The three paths of the hero (will, strength, and skill) all affect your character physically in different ways.
1. Strength: The more you increase this trait, the more bulky your character will become.
2. Will: As this trait increases, your mana veins (the "blue" lines) will grow brighter.
3. Skill: When this trait grows, so does your height.

I know this post was "super" long, but it really should help all those who are still stuck in the game. So good luck y'all

Last edited:
I watched Disneys A Christmas Carol last night, and the art direction and atmosphere totally reminded me of Fable 2. Needless to say, I had to bust the game out last night.

Great game.

Back