• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

f2105 text problems/sharpness option?

Remus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
146
Just pick one up yesterday to replace my gateway and I'm having image quality issues. Their seems to be an issue with the sharpness setting at widescreen resolutions(1280x800, 1680x1050). The f2105 has a option that allows you to adjust the sharpness, but according to the manual at native 1680x1050 you can not adjust the sharpness level. Unfortunately mine seems to be suck at level 5 sharpness(only on native and widescreen resolutions). Any thing other then wide screen or native I can adjust sharpness and get it to look fine.

Those who have this monitor. Does yours exhibits this issue? If you can try to adjust the sharpness level at say 1280x1024(scale one to one) observe if there is a difference from native res image wise. Just trying to figure out if mine is defective or if this is an issue with the monitor.

Found a post on CNET user review who has the same issue. http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_f2105/48...rn&cval=1742501&messageID=1742501&ctype=msgId
 
Absolutely no problem by using the DVI cable instead of the analog. Why do you waste image quality with an analog cable anyway ?

With DVI you don't even have access to sharpness, but you won't need it since it's perfect.
 
Manon66 said:
Absolutely no problem by using the DVI cable instead of the analog. Why do you waste image quality with an analog cable anyway ?

With DVI you don't even have access to sharpness, but you won't need it since it's perfect.

I'm using DVI
 
I don't seem to have this problem with mine though I did seem to go through a plethora of other problems (ie. speakers, greenish tinge, dead pixels) before landing on a "perfect" f2105 monitor.

Did you reset to factory default setting and then hit the auto button?

I'm running 1680x1050 and besides needing to tweak the colours thru the osd and nvidia display drivers, everything else was fine.
 
minase said:
you can't adjust the screen settings if you are using dvi

Some resolutions allow you to adjust the sharpness level with DVI. At 1680x1050 the image appears the same as 1280x1024 with sharpness set at 5. If you can set your sharpness(will only work on 1280x1024 and some other odd resolutions) at 5 you will understand what I'm talking about. Text looks horrible and image quality overall is washed out. If you have an nvidia card adjusting the Image sharpness level gives the same effect.
 
Have you adjusted the phase and clock of your monitor? I had a huge problem with blurryness and unreadable text when I first got my f2105. After adjusting the phase and clock of the incoming signal text is razor sharp without the added edge enhancement problems caused by using the sharpness feature.
 
Bighitter said:
Have you adjusted the phase and clock of your monitor? I had a huge problem with blurryness and unreadable text when I first got my f2105. After adjusting the phase and clock of the incoming signal text is razor sharp without the added edge enhancement problems caused by using the sharpness feature.

Can't adjust phase and clock with DVI. I tired a VGA cable and get the same effect.
 
I don't have a dvi card so I haven't been able to test this out.


Btw, does anyone know for sure this monitor is HDCP? I've heard a couple of conflicting reports.
 
minase said:
I don't have a dvi card so I haven't been able to test this out.


Btw, does anyone know for sure this monitor is HDCP? I've heard a couple of conflicting reports.

You can also adjust sharpness with VGA. The sharpness option only works on these following resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1480x1050(scale option set to one to one, so it does not strech it out and displays it as a native resolution. You may need to adjust your video card to not to scale the image). I'm just trying to see if others also are experiencing this issue and not noticing or if my f2105 is defective.

According to this acrticle on firingsquad HDCP is supported. http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/windows_vista-ready_hdcp_lcd_roundup/
 
Fix it, but its more of a hack. I'll be more descriptive tomorrow. It has to do with power strip and setting the resolution at 1680x1049.
 
Back
Top