F1 2016

Mak54291

Gawd
Very good game. I'm enjoying it a lot. Quality of Forza and Grid series.

h3TS730.png

F1 2016 on Steam

Last edited:
I hear it is a big improvement over the 2015 version. These games are tough to get into if you are not already an F1 junkie, though. The learning curve is too steep, especially for today's impatient gamers. I remember getting overwhelmed with car tuning on the 2013 version. They should put an AI mechanic to tune the cars for you based on the track, weather, car type, etc.

I hear it is a big improvement over the 2015 version. These games are tough to get into if you are not already an F1 junkie, though. The learning curve is too steep, especially for today's impatient gamers. I remember getting overwhelmed with car tuning on the 2013 version. They should put an AI mechanic to tune the cars for you based on the track, weather, car type, etc.

I played F1 for somehow the first time with this game and I learned quickly. It took me 1 hour to be fast as show in this video:

Of course I'm a veteran of cyber-racing and a good cyber-driver.

For the setting, you can save car setup.

I used to play F1 2011 and F1 2012 a lot but haven't bought the other games. Unfortunately it looks like F1 2016 will not be visually that great but I think I'll buy it. Should be fun to drive again.

^^No assists with Xbox 360 controller. Now, that was before the patch that fixed that insane grip level so that looks rather crazy.

The rear end is much more alive in this game. I have to run full traction control with a controller.

In my opinion this is the best entry in the series since 2013. It's refreshing especially after the turds that were 2014 and 2015.

Graphics are pretty good. The weather effects are outstanding this time around. All the tracks have had further improvements to now it feels like they pretty much mirror real life.

My only real gripe is there being too much of a gap in performance between the expert level AI and legend. At my skill level with a controller I am too fast for expert and too slow for legend. Starting with Sauber in Career I should be running around 15-18 position, but I am consistently top 10 and sometimes finishing on the podium. On legend I am about 2 seconds slower than 21st.

If you want to quickly acclimate to driving the cars, watching the onboard lap videos on the official F1 site helps a lot. It helps me when I can't really get a feel for where the line is supposed to be in some corners.

I played F1 for somehow the first time with this game and I learned quickly. It took me 1 hour to be fast as show in this video:

Of course I'm a veteran of cyber-racing and a good cyber-driver.

For the setting, you can save car setup.

Those racing lines tho.

These games are tough to get into if you are not already an F1 junkie, though. The learning curve is too steep, especially for today's impatient gamers.

Here I am now after like 5 hours of playing the F1.

HD(The race start at 57sec):

Other host but not in HD(The race start at 57sec):

I hope the line please everybody now.

You can't dload other people's car setups and use theirs? Most racing games have that option.

I have F1 2013. What makes F1 2016 better besides updated drivers and cars?

Both those videos use helmet cam view, that is almost like cheating because you can see further ahead on the track and see over elevations better. Cockpit view only or GTFO. :)

Last edited:
At least in hot lapping mode which I'm not sure is the correct word in English, you can use the setup of the ghost offer.

Huh? The ghost car is your own car and you are racing against your self each lap so it is your own car setup. Unless I am misunderstanding you.

Huh? The ghost car is your own car and you are racing against your self each lap so it is your own car setup. Unless I am misunderstanding you.

There is your best time ghost car and also one selected near your best time. Which is another player of F1 2016. This is in Hot lapping mode. My game is in French so I don't know what the correct name of that mode.

Here I am now after like 5 hours of playing the F1.

HD(The race start at 57sec):

Other host but not in HD(The race start at 57sec):

I hope the line please everybody now.

I hate knocking on you, but still looks bad :p. IIRC I'm running 48s at Spa with an Xbox ONE Elite controller.
When you're running time trial you're running against players on the leaderboard. Every time you set a faster time it tells you a new setup is available to download. You can pause the game and then download the setup for the next driver you're racing against.

Some of my runs with the Xbox ONE Elite controller. I have to run ABS and full traction control. It's no fun otherwise.

I hate knocking on you, but still looks bad :p. IIRC I'm running 48s at Spa with an Xbox ONE Elite controller.

When you're running time trial you're running against players on the leaderboard. Every time you set a faster time it tells you a new setup is available to download. You can pause the game and then download the setup for the next driver you're racing against.

OK, didn't know that because I have never looked at MP in F1 2013. Can you do that in the 2013 version too or just the latest version?

Some of my runs with the Xbox ONE Elite controller. I have to run ABS and full traction control. It's no fun otherwise.
I bought F1 2016 yesterday and had some time to test. I immediately disabled all driving aids (and manual gears) and give it a go and was doing 1:31.XXX times with Ferrari in Australia. Those are pretty bad times but then again I could easily improve it. It does feel like I need to turn traction control on since it's a bit pain to drive with Xbox One controller without it (I wish this had trigger rumble like Forza Apex). However I had no problems with breaking without assists.

EDIT:
Tested with full traction control and now I can do 1:27.XXX times. The thing is... Things get a bit too easy with it but with medium is still a bit not enough because with pad you don't have any feel when the wheels start loosing the traction.

EDIT2:
Now I'm doing 1:26.XXX laps.
F1_2016 2016-09-04 00-44-04-505.png

EDIT3:
Well... It's not impossible to drive without TC. Just slightly annoying with pad but I'm getting used to it and I'm now roughly 0,8s off the pace without TC.

Also without any assists I was doing low 49s in Spa (there's much room for improvement though).

Last edited:
I bought F1 2016 yesterday and had some time to test. I immediately disabled all driving aids (and manual gears) and give it a go and was doing 1:31.XXX times with Ferrari in Australia. Those are pretty bad times but then again I could easily improve it. It does feel like I need to turn traction control on since it's a bit pain to drive with Xbox One controller without it (I wish this had trigger rumble like Forza Apex). However I had no problems with breaking without assists.

EDIT:
Tested with full traction control and now I can do 1:27.XXX times. The thing is... Things get a bit too easy with it but with medium is still a bit not enough because with pad you don't have any feel when the wheels start loosing the traction.

EDIT2:
Now I'm doing 1:26.XXX laps.
View attachment 7482

EDIT3:
Well... It's not impossible to drive without TC. Just slightly annoying with pad but I'm getting used to it and I'm now roughly 0,8s off the pace without TC.

Also without any assists I was doing low 49s in Spa (there's much room for improvement though).
That's my issue with TC off or on Medium: there is no feedback with the controller on when the rear starts to step out. I'm sure it's hella fun with a wheel, though. I want to try to break the wheel out again this weekend because it really has me itching to get back into racing games.

I am able to race against the Legend AI, now. I have found that setting the suspension to 11 front and back, ARB to 11 in front and 4 in back, really allows me to push faster times with the controller. I am enjoying myself in career much more now that my Sauber is finishing realistically.

You would definitely not like iRacing :)

That's my issue with TC off or on Medium: there is no feedback with the controller on when the rear starts to step out. I'm sure it's hella fun with a wheel, though. I want to try to break the wheel out again this weekend because it really has me itching to get back into racing games.

I am able to race against the Legend AI, now. I have found that setting the suspension to 11 front and back, ARB to 11 in front and 4 in back, really allows me to push faster times with the controller. I am enjoying myself in career much more now that my Sauber is finishing realistically.
It actually feels better (no TC) when not in time trial mode or maybe I just turn myself into racing mode... I also somehow managed to get the car setup just about right.

I did try my first 25% (15 laps) race today (assists off). I didn't make any real mistake in the race thus I ended up getting almost one minute lead. I really need to up that AI difficulty. Though, I doubt that I can win against legend AI without TC.

Last edited:
Back