• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

F(x)tec Pro1...thoughts?

jevans64

Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2015
Messages
796
I just pre-ordered this device from a UK upstart.

I still use a MyTouch 4G ( from 2011 ) because it has a physical QWERTY keyboard. It is getting old and a lot of newer apps no longer support Gingerbread. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but can't stand screen keyboards and fumble-finger with those all of the time when I'm using borrowed phones.

Link... https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Basics are 6" AMOLED curved screen, Snapdragon 835, dual SIM slot ( one for mSD memory expansion ), Android Pie, real headphone jack, 6GB ROM, 128GB RAM, 8MP & 12MP cameras.

There are a few things I don't like... like the curved screen and non-removable battery but a physical keyboard is the main feature I'm looking for.

My only real concern is that this is an upstart and things wrong with the phone might take a while to correct. I took a chance on reMarkable and that has turned out to be a really useful device for note-taking, annotating, and reading.
 
I want a phone with a hidden keyboard like my old MyTouch 4G. This appears to be the only modern option. I'm aware Snapdragon 835 is old but it is more than enough for a phone ( and is way more than Apple puts in their phones ) and is good on battery usage. I pre-ordered it, so we will see if it is actually released.
 
I didn't even know this phone existed. Looks pretty solid from the specs. Definitely would like to know more once you get it.
 
Back
Top