F(x)tec Pro1...thoughts?

jevans64

Gawd
I just pre-ordered this device from a UK upstart.

I still use a MyTouch 4G ( from 2011 ) because it has a physical QWERTY keyboard. It is getting old and a lot of newer apps no longer support Gingerbread. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but can't stand screen keyboards and fumble-finger with those all of the time when I'm using borrowed phones.

Link... https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Basics are 6" AMOLED curved screen, Snapdragon 835, dual SIM slot ( one for mSD memory expansion ), Android Pie, real headphone jack, 6GB ROM, 128GB RAM, 8MP & 12MP cameras.

There are a few things I don't like... like the curved screen and non-removable battery but a physical keyboard is the main feature I'm looking for.

My only real concern is that this is an upstart and things wrong with the phone might take a while to correct. I took a chance on reMarkable and that has turned out to be a really useful device for note-taking, annotating, and reading.

I want a phone with a hidden keyboard like my old MyTouch 4G. This appears to be the only modern option. I'm aware Snapdragon 835 is old but it is more than enough for a phone ( and is way more than Apple puts in their phones ) and is good on battery usage. I pre-ordered it, so we will see if it is actually released.

I didn't even know this phone existed. Looks pretty solid from the specs. Definitely would like to know more once you get it.

Back