F-i90: Another one bites the dust.

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
Hello. I was playing Halo 2 tonight on my pc, and all of a sudden the game got real choppy and got slow, and my pc just shut down. Now my pc refuses to post, I haven't decided If I'm gonna go ahead and exchange it for a new i90, or If I'm gonna return for a refund and get a the new gigabyte. What do you guys think?
 
what vddr were you using? 2.2v with your ballistix!

This mb is particularly weak on this side!
The first dead mb happened when running a burning TAT: sudden and irreversible shutdown!
But all this coincided with the installation of ballistix 5300 sticks (2.2v applied) at this moment!
 
Return it and get the Gigabyte G33M-DS2R. Too many of the ABIT F-I90 HD mobos die on people. Usually once they go dead they stay dead.
 
Return it and get the Gigabyte G33M-DS2R. Too many of the ABIT F-I90 HD mobos die on people. Usually once they go dead they stay dead.
@TheBlueChanell: that's a good advice, cause you 'got some killing rams too!
 
Sorry to hear about your failed board (especially after I recommended it) :mad:

My F-I90HD is still going strong with my Patriot ram @2.0Vdimm and E4300 @2.88 (9x320) at stock voltages and original BIOS.....crossing fingers
 
I must be lucky.

1 F-I90HD with an e4300 at 2700

1 F-I90HD with an e4300 at 3000.

RAM voltage 1.9V and no dead boards yet.
 
Majority seem to be going strong, but I have to agree that it looks like there is a higher than norm failure rate on the Abit. I would just RMA now and hope the ASUS board is better. Your chip would be held back by the Gigabyte.
 
I was indeed running my ram @ 2.2v. No need to worry Dworley, I bought the board knowing that it could and probably would die. I am not sure If I want to pay the $40 to upgrade to the g33, because that's what it would cost after restocking fee's. I may just return the i90hd, Sell my e4400 and get an AN-M2 and a x2 5600+. I'm building a pc for my dad, and it's gonna have 2gb of ballistix as well as the gigabyte g33, I'd hate to have two of the same setup when I could be tinkering with 2 different one's. The only issue is, I'd have to sell the e4400 which could take time, I may just have abit cross-ship me a new board, and just not play with the voltage. =/ I'm not too sure what I'm gonna do, but whatever I am doing, it's happening tommorow.
 
what vddr were you using? 2.2v with your ballistix!

This mb is particularly weak on this side!
The first dead mb happened when running a burning TAT: sudden and irreversible shutdown!
But all this coincided with the installation of ballistix 5300 sticks (2.2v applied) at this moment!

I was in the middle of playing halo2, and everything lockedup, and as soon as the video started up again, it was real slow like almost as if it was running in the negative teens frame rate wise, it just shutdown on me, and The mobo hasn't posted since. I miss my opty and my nf-m2.
 
Back
Top