• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

F@H source code?

Spockmeat

n00b
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
16
Yes, I read the FAQ at the stanford site. I understand their reason for not putting out the source. What I'm wondering is, has anyone here ever inquired about getting the source, perhaps under an NDA, so it could be ported to other things?

I've just been thinking, all our video cards sit here idle unless we're actively gaming, and those should be able to run an instance; they can certainly pump through more numbers than an x86 processor. And I really can't justify getting a PPU right now, but if there were a client to run on one of those.....

or is getting at the source for this purpose something that will probably never happen?
 
They're working on porting it to GPUs. And I think they're a good place to have working on that; they've got quite a few CS students in the area. As to porting it yourself, I think that'd be quite a lot of work duplicated - Gromacs already runs on GPUs.

See also the Stanford page on folding on GPUs.

 
Back
Top