• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

F@H Download WU Issue

Daedalus0101101

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
110
Hey Guys,

i just started contributing to to F@H and Team 33. I have permission from work to make a few borgs. I have 2 machines that are about to be decommissioned as its a system being upgraded. I'm about to have 2 servers with lots of CPU and RAM at my disposable for folding. The issue I am running into is error 10002. It cant get the WU downloaded. The firewall is allowed outbound on both ports 80 and 8080 and I can open the assignment page with those ports in a web browser, but it still gets deadlocked. If I test a few machines that have all outbound ports enabled, the WU is downloaded. I really want to get these working since each machine has 32 cores. I'm only testing on the inactive server ( Windows Failover Cluster) but it should work with no issues. Any clues as to a possible IPS, App control, or Port that might be getting blocked and causing the hiccups?

edit---Forgot to mention that the OS that its working on is Windows 7 Pro. The Server is running Server 08 R2 Enterprise and does not work. Not sure if thats part of the problem.

sigimage.php
 
Last edited:
If you are using a proxy at work, you will have to find out what port it is using IIRC from reading other threads. The ports 80 and 8080 are just what FAH's servers are using. I don't know a lot about proxies, so someone else may need to chime in if that is the case...

I would suggest that you test addresses like http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/ and http://assign.stanford.edu:80/ with your browser. See if you can pull that up and test the proxy from there.


Edit: and oh.. Welcome to the team. If you can't get FAH to run, consider running one of the many BOINC projects or other independent projects. We have teams set up at most DC projects. You can find a large list and reference here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1801908
 
Last edited:
Well as I said, I can go to the assign websites on 80 and 8080 with no issue. I'm not using any proxies at my office. Since I'm going to have 2 of these big boxes here soon, maybe i'll dedicate one for F@H and the other for a BOINC project. I have F@H running on a few machines, but these machines dont have many CPU cores and memory. Each one of the boxes I want to use has the power and RAM of 16 machines in it.

Any other pointers folks? Like maybe an application blocker or IPS potentially blocking it?
 
I'm going into the office tomorrow. I'll play around with the firewall tomorrow to see if I can find out whats blocking it. When I find out, I'll post my results so that someone else doesn't have to go through the same thing that I am. I have powerful machines ready to go, but they can't even get their work to do.
 
Ok. I got it fixed. The Firewall's Application Control was blocking it. There is nothing specifically in the sensor to block F@H, but it was triggering something. As soon as I turned off App Control, boom the machine was able to get a work unit right away. Now I can start a nice little Farm here.

sigimage.php
 
Back
Top