f.e.a.r.

khuyakuya

Limp Gawd
does anyone know how i could get a replacement set of cd's for f.e.a.r. since ive lost the fifth disc? ive got four discs and the cd key but am missing disc five. i would appreciate any help because ive not had any luck contacting the publisher as of right now.

You could always try Ebay.

Always buy the DVD version so you only have to have one disc to lose.

Nate_MachV said:
unless you don't have a dvd rom yet.

What kind of luddite doesn't have a dvd-rom? Even my mom has had a computer with a DVD burner for 2 years now...

3 of my friends refuse to get DVD roms and are waiting for the next format to win to buy into it.

Nate_MachV said:
3 of my friends refuse to get DVD roms and are waiting for the next format to win to buy into it.

Buy into it?

You can get DVD writers for the same price as going to the cinema...

Nate_MachV said:

lol!!! Let me guess they dont even buy dvd movies but vhs right :rolleyes:

Thats the worse excuse ever.

I'm still on PC CD :(

DVD drive died after being on the new tech a whole month.

I'd love to get a burner, but don't want to fork over the money for nero...

and just about all retail box burners come with it's own software, wheter it be roxio or nero.

i think they'll replace a disc for a fee, like around $5 when i broke a disc.

michealo said:
who told you that nero is necessary?
:mad:

What software are you using to burn? And how much $?

I'm reg'ing with google checkout now, throw some links my way... especially for buy.com so i can get $20 off $50. :D

Since you already own the game, you can download a NO-CD.exe I'm not sure about the rules here, so I won't link it. But make sure you make a backup of the original.exe so you can still get patches.

khuyakuya said:
does anyone know how i could get a replacement set of cd's for f.e.a.r. since ive lost the fifth disc? ive got four discs and the cd key but am missing disc five. i would appreciate any help because ive not had any luck contacting the publisher as of right now.
bahaha i did the same thing!

Nate_MachV said:

A dvd-rom you could easily get for free, very easily. A dvd burner you can get for $20-30. If they can't afford that, they will never, ever afford a next gen optical drive.

FreedomHDM said:
Since you already own the game, you can download a NO-CD.exe I'm not sure about the rules here, so I won't link it. But make sure you make a backup of the original.exe so you can still get patches.
i need only the fifth disc to complete installation a no cd wouldnt help as its not installed on my pc right now. however someone mentioned a replacement for five bucks, i think the way it works is i send back the four i have and five-ten dollars and then they send me five new discs. i do have a dvd rom, in fact i got 4 dvd burners stacked, its just when i bought it, all they had was the cd version and i was dying to play it. anyone know the number i can call? i tried to locate it off the publishers site and cannot find it anywhere.

You better have your sales reciept, or your fucked :)

I did the same thing, and vivendi won't do it without a purchase reciept.

You could get an ISO of the 5th disc, and try that (mount with daemontools, turn on all emulation modes), thats what I did.

Devnull said:
A dvd-rom you could easily get for free, very easily. A dvd burner you can get for $20-30. If they can't afford that, they will never, ever afford a next gen optical drive.
q

f

t

AdamNesvick said:
You could get an ISO of the 5th disc, and try that (mount with daemontools, turn on all emulation modes), thats what I did.
im surprised it took someone that long to mention that.
thats the way to go. screw sending the discs off then having to wait even longer for replacements.
get a bittorrent client and d/l away.
it's not illegal if you actually purchased the game and have a valid cd-key.

Nate_MachV said:

DVD drives were out for a long time before the first PC games were put on DVD-ROM. Your friends are troopers. Since there wont be a clear winner for probably about 2 to 3 years, if even that, then your friends will own their first Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive around 2016 (if they are waiting till PC games come out on them.)

The message here is, DVD isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Get a damn DVD drive.

Devnull said:
What kind of luddite doesn't have a dvd-rom? Even my mom has had a computer with a DVD burner for 2 years now...

Geez dude! Why don't I hold him down for you so can beat the crap out of him or something? :rolleyes:

Back