F.E.A.R Pauses/hickups

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Anyone else experienceing pausing or hickups in F.E.A.R? Mainly when you enter a new room for the first time? I experienced this as well back in the HL2 days. Anyone else getting this? My system is in my sig, I'm running the 81.85 WHQL drivers.

More RAM would certainly help you.

I get a big hickup in the performance test when the camera goes down the hallway, after the shooting scene and before it enters the room with the exploding barrel. I think that may be a problem with my video card memory. Anyone else experience a pause at that particular point in the performance test?

Yeah, I'm running a 6800GT and it does that to me too. Running Fraps i'll be at 40 fps and all of a sudden it'll drop down to 1-2fps for a few seconds. Its really annoying. I'd heard turn the volumetric lighting down but that didnt really help. I'm just playing through it until I hear of a good solution somewhere. I'm running the 81.85 forceware drivers as well...

I think more ram, buddy just upped from 1gig to 2 gigs, he has a 6800gt, he used to stutter quite frequently in bf2, now never does.

im currently running 1GB.. would 1.5 help at all? or does it have to be the full 2GB?

I am sure 1.5gb would be sufficient. Then you just need to consider any performance decrease from having 4 sticks of ram. You will lose some speed from that, more so I think with athlon 64's then p4 platform.

I think it's just the game caching something scripted. I noticed it too, and when it did that I'd switch to the biggest gun I had.

I hate that. When you're walking along and your computer stutters a bit because something's getting ready to happen. Kina ruins it.

Back