F.E.A.R. Multiplayer Demo is out

i have no idea whats wrong, but with my sysem below, i can only play at 640x480 with EVERYTHING turned to low.

its pissing me off, something is screwed up on my machine and I cant enjoy this demo to its full potential yet......

denaps said:
You have a wife? I thought you had to graduate from 2nd grade phonics and be at least 18 to get married?

how old r u? 10 and still playing games infront of your wife most times? tut tut how innature is that.. :eek:

well i can enjoy this game at most things high and i dnt have a state of the art pc... 9800 pro is still the business

damn u guys have wives, u guys are old and fighting like kids haha :p

well n e ways, this is a fun game and all but these fps shooters are getting a bit repetitive, too many games look like counter strike and they all seem the same with slightly different environments and different graphic effects -.-

i also noticed aa hurts performance even for a 7800gtx, and for the frame rates that some people are getting, i dont the graphics are anything above half life 2 & doom 3 to be honest

xdkimx said:
damn u guys have wives, u guys are old and fighting like kids haha :p

well n e ways, this is a fun game and all but these fps shooters are getting a bit repetitive, too many games look like counter strike and they all seem the same with slightly different environments and different graphic effects -.-

i also noticed aa hurts performance even for a 7800gtx, and for the frame rates that some people are getting, i dont the graphics are anything above half life 2 & doom 3 to be honest

finaly a guy that agrees that fps games are getting boring now...

I like it a bit better than cs:s cause what you shoot at actually gets hit. But some guns still have the inaccuracy handled by randomly moving the bullets instead of moving the viewport.

Edit: 800x600 as in that was the res I was in playing low settings, which may of been the reason why the fixed size hud elements didnt see as big to me as it did to him when he tried low everything in 64x480.

bealzz said:
i have no idea whats wrong, but with my sysem below, i can only play at 640x480 with EVERYTHING turned to low.

its pissing me off, something is screwed up on my machine and I cant enjoy this demo to its full potential yet......

You having driver issues?

i just finished playing for about an hour and i found it very boring... Similar to CS:S, but worse gameplay. thumbs down from me, i'll stick to BF2..

hmm overall I think its ok.Its dm reminds me of SoF.I think I would enjoy the single player a lil bit better and with quake 4 coming out near the same time I rather buy quake 4.Heres some screenies of me owning hard ... Everything on max with 1024 x 768, 4 x aa :D
nadekill1ox.jpg

particle5ax.jpg

lolllllll2ba.jpg

i played it at 1280x960x32 with all medium settings, with only 512mb of pc3200 hyper x. found it borring, i played it and gave it a try but the maps suck really bad. i like the single player version better. just waiting on my other 1 gig of hyper x to arrive. BF2 is still much better. but fear single player kind of spooked me a lil so i'll play that.

imo the only fun part of multiplayer ( at least in the beta) was kung fu. i got into a few servers where alot of guys were doing hands and feet only. I think thats the most fun

vocab said:
hmm overall I think its ok.Its dm reminds me of SoF.I think I would enjoy the single player a lil bit better and with quake 4 coming out near the same time I rather buy quake 4.Heres some screenies of me owning hard ... Everything on max with 1024 x 768, 4 x aa :D
Are you sure AA is enabled? From what I read, the game has a bug with AA, and disables occassioanlly. Each time you restart the game, you may need to enter the advanced options and cycle through the AA choices to disabled it (apply) then reset your AA quality and reapply. There doesn't appear to be any AA going on with those screens, however.

Kiggles said:
Are you sure AA is enabled? From what I read, the game has a bug with AA, and disables occassioanlly. Each time you restart the game, you may need to enter the advanced options and cycle through the AA choices to disabled it (apply) then reset your AA quality and reapply. There doesn't appear to be any AA going on with those screens, however.

maybe its 4x af my bad...anyway I kinda dislike the map in ctf they give you.Also I was the only person on my team that actually capped the flag :p

edit : heres another good screenie from slowmo dm :D

slowmo25xk.jpg

Kiggles said:

That bug was in the beta and has since been fixed. You dont have to change the setting every time to "force" it anymore.

Ive liked this game since beta. I didnt think it was that great at first, but somehow it grew on me. Its in a different class than BF2 so they shouldnt even be compared. I think the people that arent likeing it are the people that want more than just a "run around and kill things" style fps. Thats what fear pulls off best - frantic, noisy, bloody, ultra-violence.

I like it when people expolde into a bloody mist. hehe :)

Aye. It is great to see bloody stumps spurting blood as they roll around on the floor. :)

That's not to say there isn't a degree of strategy involved. Like it's been pointed out, you die quickly, so there's a certain finesse to finding the best aproach, but once you get into the game the pace gets out of control. Fun stuff. I love bringing bare firsts to gun fights, though. Makes you feel so bad ass. :D

Well I loved this MP Demo. But then again I am very easily amused. Thumbs up for me. It just seems that today too many people are caught up in graphics and how many awesome effects can be rendered on the screen at once. When a ton of people are gathered in the same room with slow-mo on and bullets whizzing past you tend to find it very fun. Granted this MP is nothing like, say UT Series, but come-on it does everything a MP game should.

--
On a side note: Someone during a MP match said how much he hated the HUD. I found this crazy as I found the HUD to be incredibly simplistic while offering all the info I need. Anyone agree with me, or him? I like the light-weightness to it, doesn't get in the way and it makes the game feel more immersive. O'well. :cool:

denaps said:
You have a wife? I thought you had to graduate from 2nd grade phonics and be at least 18 to get married?
Not in the high mountain valleys of West Virginia (cues deuling banjos) :D Teeth are not required either.
I found the SP much more entertaining, but then again Ive never been much for running around psycho randomly blasting people, or hiding behind crates and camping.....now if you could just blow the crates up.....that would be cool. Anyway the MP still looks cool. I cant wait to play this all the way through. :cool:

jonneymendoza said:
how old r u? 10 and still playing games infront of your wife most times? tut tut how innature is that.. :eek:

well i can enjoy this game at most things high and i dnt have a state of the art pc... 9800 pro is still the business

what? i'm not sure what language you are speaking. i suppose you have just proven my point, again.

Multiplayer looks AWESOME but the game is very bland overall, maps look like Doom 3 on steriods lmao, With my settings i make a Generic Profile for my SLI setup and just put it on Auto Select, Hopefully next Nvidia Drivers they will support this and many other games, i leave all In-Game settings at Max, Soft Shadows off, 2XAA and 4XAnti, Leaving MultiSampling on seems to not slow down the game but when i disable it i cant tell a difference anyways. At these settings the game is very very smooth. Still no where near as fun as BF2, HL2 or even SOF2. looks arent always everything or id still be dating that crack whore with a killer rack.

HighwayAssassins said:
come on!! we need more screenies!! I wont be able to play till at least tomorrow :(

pmo9ox.jpg

pmo13iw.jpg

pretty damn good game. i have it to auto detect settings and gave my 6600GT almost all high settings. looks good and runs above 50fps.

what resolutions are you running?

the SP demo gave my 6800GT a run for its $$ at 1280x1024....(Full detail though)

1024x768. i ran it at 1280x1024 @ high details and well, it got around 25-30fps. i like this resolution, runs fine for me, and looks awesome.

do you guys get choppiasss and fps dips under 20's with AA enabled? :( Kinda weird for me... I run @ 1280x960 maximum details everything.... and get 50-70 fps constantly... but when I enable even the littlest 2x AA performances gets killed..... :(

2xAA enabled for me and no dips, but my resolution is set lower.

EDIT: no, no AA was enabled, when i put it to 2xAA, fps fell from 60 to 25! insane.

Awesome game but the aliasing kills it for me. Just looks so ugly to me even with all the effects maxed out. I guess I'll have to figure out some settings that will give me 50fps or higher average and allow me to use AA at 1680x1050 res or higher.

Pixel doubling can reduce aliasing at a cost of texture detail. So you can run at 1600x1200, but only be rendering half of that 800x600.

Another tidbits for those who dont know, free flying spectators can move physic objects, so when ur dead scare the other guy by swinging lights and knocking barrels over. There was something else gameplay wise but I forgot what it was.

cool game, but the weapons dont feel right in terms of movement. any1 else feel weird aiming the weapons?

Fun game. I'am running it at the second highest rez, with AA and Af. and get anywhere from 70-150 FPS.

PaintballaXX said:
cool game, but the weapons dont feel right in terms of movement. any1 else feel weird aiming the weapons?
Actually that is one of the thing I liked most about the game. I weapons just feel right to me. The hit detection seems to be right on.

Back