• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

F.E.A.R fps...

Mayhs

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
2,999
i downloaded f.e.a.r. for the 3rd time..and thank god it works now...anyways

what fps do you get with fear on average and what settings?

i played quite comfortably @ 1280x960 (didnt have 1280x1024) with full eye candy and all the settings to maximum...the fps went below 30 once...and that was when it was loading and i was playing still....my demo is still a bit iffy lol...
i get around 60fps with my x850xt pe at those settings which is kinda good
 
I wouldn't really worry about it, the game went gold yesterday and apparently they implemented a crap load of optimizations to make the game run better (not everyone has 2GB of ram and SLI). Just sit on your hands and wait till launch day. :) :) (I know it's hard lol)
 
The FEAR demo is one of the few games that can make my setup crawl - with 16x AA turned on, at 1280x1024 the demo is only *just* about playable, with frame rates hovering around the 35 mark.
 
hehe...what happens when you turn on the slow mo and chuck a lot of frags? i was in the water turned slow mo on chucked a frag and put on my torch...my fps went down to around 21 lol was funny...but the graphics are amazing...
 
i have the Multiplayer demo till tommorrow and i get 60FPS to low 20FPS's (depends on what happening) its an awesome game i was playing online the other day and my score was 210 :D i just kept killing ppl i also have the SP demo and thats the same fps has multiplay all settings are at defualt settings i think not sure tho.

also i wish in the full version they put 1280x1024 res in :( .
 
I stick with the recommend settings.
800x600
models and detail on max
everything else on medium
no soft shadows or AA
35 -100 fps Mostly hovering around 45-55.
It does drop to 30 at the very end when the ceiling glass breaks.
 
I HATE 1280x960 or w/e. That rez blows. I prefer 1280x1024. So I play at 1024x768. 4xAA/16xAF and maximum everything. Frames around 30-60fps depending on scene. The water section made me crawl at 20fps. As does the very end of the demo. Otherwise very playable. Going up to 1280x960, same settings, goes under 30fps to much to be playable.
 
1680*1050 maxed settings and its playable. I wont claim its ALWAYS smooth, but it is very playable.
 
I installed the demo, can play a little choppy @ 16x12, smoothly at 12x9. That's with every other option maxed all the way. I must say, I'm hugely impressed by the graphics. I'm not very far into the demo, but the shadow of your character is amazing! I jumped and squeezed off a few rounds at my shadow more than once. :D Really, when your shadow is on the other side of the room, it looks like another person. :) Very impressed.

Astaroth
 
Cali3350 said:
1680*1050 maxed settings and its playable. I wont claim its ALWAYS smooth, but it is very playable.

K well how did you get that res, cause the max it shows is 1152x864, which is what I am running it at along with FSAA 4x and Anisotropic 16x along with everything turned to max and in the preformance test, which is with the mp beta it says it averages at 88 fps
 
Gun_Strife said:
K well how did you get that res, cause the max it shows is 1152x864, which is what I am running it at along with FSAA 4x and Anisotropic 16x along with everything turned to max and in the preformance test, which is with the mp beta it says it averages at 88 fps
Open Explorer to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEARSPDemo and edit Settings.cfg

You can specify whatever resolution you want in there :) I found that going from 1 gig of ram to 2 made it a TON smoother at high res, and going from Athlon 3500 to 4400 made it a tiny bit smoother still.

I can't wait to pick up this game when it's released. It reminds me of Doom 3 crossed with Chronicles of Riddick.
 
lol yea i just got it hehe
well even there i still get around 70fps and a lil below that but very playable, but would be better when the retail version hits and it actually supports that through the option menu
 
Well forgot to mention it was at the 1680x1250 but the mp beta wont support it, i try but it sets me to 640x800 when I start the game oh well I guess, just gonna have to wait for that one but at the max res of the 1152x864 i see mostly over 100fps but at points it does drop to 50 or so
 
Thanks for the feed back guys...but could you please specify your computers?

oh and Zinn it reminds me of Doom 3 and Chronicles of Riddick aswell :p (but i think better than those 2)
 
ive read it too...in a UK magazine it said that F.E.A.R will be customised and it will be less strenuous on the pc...lets hope so...but i dnt think fear is that hard on computers...
 
Back
Top