F.E.A.R. 3 'Contractions' Trailer

How is it that the gfx have steadily got worse with each new installment of this game series?

How is it that the gfx have steadily got worse with each new installment of this game series?

Wondering the same...although this still looks fun as hell. Graphics quality isn't really a deciding factor for me in MP since I want my framerate to stay high. Hell I still play CS:S to death. It's all about the gameplay and FEAR3 looks like it has a ton of interesting spins on established game modes.

Wouldnt be surprised if that video on Hardocp's page was from a console version of it. Because it does look preee-tee shitty.

Hopefully fear3 doesn't have enemies that glow blue when in slow mo... I loved fear 1, but the glowing in fear2 ruined any sort of atmosphere for me.

I remember the first game scaring the crap out of me, seeing Alma appear as I start going down a ladder, or the super intense mech cat and mouse sequence. The second game? I haven't beaten it yet, it didn't seem too interesting. I'll sit through it all eventually :p
I am hoping this game surprises us all..

That video does look like it was from a console, crappy console graphics fail. Hope there are some surprises in the PC version graphics wise, but after Fear 2 I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't.

That said, I love the Fear series for the scare factor, my kinda game.

I saw the first comment ans said omg the gfx love is gettin out of hand then I clicked the link and well, you're right, CS:S looks better. the trailer looks nice though.

The gameplay of the 2nd game was somewhat disappointing but the story itself was phenomenal. I cant wait to see where the story line takes us next.

How to make F.E.A.R.:

-start with a generic uninspired FPS
-make ghosts appear on screen every once in a while and call it atmosphere
-add EZmode slow motion and call it innovation
-pay review sites for high ratings
-repeat for next installment in series

I see no advance in the graphics over F.E.A.R. 1. Very dissappointing.

I loved the first game. The premise was interesting and the overall storyline was great for its time.

With the sequels they're beating this Alma thing like a dead horse. I have an idea: create a new spooky supernatural event to investigate. Perhaps one where we don't already know who's behind it from the get go?

Wow, were they showing Wii footage or something? This is sad. I loved FEAR, one of my top picks by far. FEAR 2 was OK. I guess this is just following in the footsteps of its immediate predecessor by dropping down several more notches.

That video does look like it was from a console, crappy console graphics fail. Hope there are some surprises in the PC version graphics wise, but after Fear 2 I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't.

That said, I love the Fear series for the scare factor, my kinda game.

You thought FEAR 2 was scary?

FEAR 1 was fun. It had great game play, I thought.

I've become such a cheap and lazy gamer that I only want to buy from Steam sales. I wish Steam would have a sale with FEAR 2 for $5 so I could play it.

If the reviews are good I will buy this for the multiplayer alone. I love Co-Op games. Got tired of the COD run around and kill everyone type gameplay at least 10 years ago. I agree that FEAR 2 was a disappointment, hopefully this is at least a little better but I'm not going to count on it.

How to make F.E.A.R.:

-start with a generic uninspired FPS
-make ghosts appear on screen every once in a while and call it atmosphere
-add EZmode slow motion and call it innovation
-pay review sites for high ratings
-repeat for next installment in series

No, the original FEAR had the best enemy AI at the time. It's AI is still better than most of the current shooters today.

Sounds good, looks creative, looks like crappy graphics.

Hoopefully the video IS a console version and we can expect much better image quality on the pc version. Another crappy console port will not suffice. If they really want to bury the franchise they can do that again.

They should give individual attention to each version of the game to take advantage of each platforms strengths and make up for their weaknesses. Much like was done with Fable 3.

Anyhow. The concepts shown here show great creativity. The worse and worse fog will definitely suck you into the gameplay. If your squad gets ambushed in the fog it could get scary as hell. Worse yet if your separated from them in a dark lit foggy area and Alma finds you as she roams the map (for those that paid attention) that could be scary and fun as hell.

A+ on ingenuity
D- on Graphics
? on gameplay

can someone tell them to fix the graphics, seriously? its shame such a great concept has to suffer like this.

Graphics and textures look laughable. If they're gonna milk the cow dry, they gotta know how to squeeze the tits.

The GFX look terrible, still can't be worse than the last mess they called game.

omg please just make another No One Lives Forever and not this garbage.....first one good, the expansion and the sequel were forgettable. i don't even remember what i played through cause it sucked so bad.

I loved both FEAR and FEAR2 so will probably pick it up. Regarding the graphics, not sure I understand the criticism - FEAR2 had decently upgraded graphics from the original.

One thing I did miss from the 2nd game was all the phone messages and whatnot from the original. I thought that was a great way to add story to the game. Hope they bring that back.

Contractions wow what a name lol. What's the follow up going to be The Labour Ward

Back