F.E.A.R.2 Project Origin gone Gold

F.E.A.R.

[H]ard|Gawd
27 January 2009, 1:08 pm

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is excited to announce that F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin has officially “gone gold” on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC and will ship to retailers in North America on February 10, 2009.

I highly doubt they fixed any of the issues of the demo so let's hope there will be a patch before the game releases. **crosses fingers**

I really enjoy the way the demo runs, graphics are pleasing and gameplay is pretty fun.

Something about it just feels so "plastic-y", like the sounds or the jelly blood that comes out of them just doesn't feel like it's an FPS. Can't put my finger on it, will play again tonight.

The only issue that bothered me and was well reported was the pausing probably due to auto saves, but it's pretty much just an updated version of the same game play in the original FEAR. Probably not going to garner too many accolades but I love the FEAR game play mechanics. It's doesn't come out on Steam until the 12th which blows but I guess I can wait two days to play.

Good news

I'm probably going to use my $100 Future Shop giftcard on this game. Will be put to good use, seeing as it was a Christmas gift from a relative. :)

Eager to see how mechs online will work out. And eager to be scared shitless in single play mode. :p

Good news

I'm probably going to use my $100 Future Shop giftcard on this game. Will be put to good use, seeing as it was a Christmas gift from a relative. :)

Eager to see how mechs online will work out. And eager to be scared shitless in single play mode. :p

Everett1, which platform will you trying out the game on?

I heard the game uses Steamworks for online activation.

That would make sense, hopefully that is all it uses. I really hate it when they layer additional 3rd party DRM inside steamworks. B4 that, I hope the stutter I get in the demo is gone in the retail release, or at least patched out in under 30 days.

I was really hoping that Steam would do a, free original fear if you pre-order Fear 2. I missed out on the original because I was in a stupid wow phase. I did play the free mp portion which reminded me of ET in how the dev's are pretty awesome. I loved the demo, performance stutters were bothersome but I really enjoy the presentation, controls, and story. I definitally plan on purchasing it.

I thought there was only one platform for fps's.

I was playing metal gear solid 4 on my PS3 yesterday wishing it was on PC, the controller was gay as hell especially when the boss is jumping all over the place, and it's not even an FPS.

CONSOLE + SHOOTERS FTL

Well I can't wait for this game, I was a fan of the original so I am anxious to continue with the story line.

I just hope that ugly grain filter can be turned off in fullgame, how can u not have an option to turn it off?

not interested in buying it either way.. dont get me wrong i thought the 360 demo was pretty interesting, theres some unique game elements ive never really seen before.. but ehh its not that amazing to make me throw down 50-60 on it

Funny.

1) STEAM. 49,99$ US so about 60$ CAN, release FEB 12th

2) BOX, 49,99$ CAN, release FEB 10th.

I saw nothing in the demo, that warrants a patch that bad, so I'm anxiously waiting for the full game.

Funny.

1) STEAM. 49,99$ US so about 60$ CAN, release FEB 12th

2) BOX, 49,99$ CAN, release FEB 10th.

It's not funny, it's just how Steam prices are. Seems some people are perfectly fine with them. I prefer paying less and getting more, through retail.

Had they allow console commands, the film grain could probably be disabled easily

However, seeing as its based on the same engine as the first FEAR, I highly doubt so

My only complain is the improper widescreen support, no console commands and support for windowed mode (just a personal preference on this one)

Black borders top and bottom and film grain. Holy console Batman!

Back