F.E.A.R 2 New patch out!!

Xenomaniac

[H]ard|Gawd
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

Difficulty of Hard mode has been increased

Implemented a toggle for switching between widescreen (16:9) and full screen (4:3) in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu

Implemented a toggle for head bob in Options|Game Settings

Implemented a toggle for film grain in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu

Leaving a multiplayer lobby now returns the player to the associated multiplayer menu instead of the front end main menu

Applied fix for energy weapon audio causing lag

Applied fix for team balancing host options not being applied properly

Changing team swap during selection and grace periods to swap at the next spawn

Applied fix for team name showing as "undefined" after swapping teams

At least they're doing something, although all of that should have been in the game from the start.

Um how would I know that you have to get it threw steam. And why do you need to go threw steam to download a patch for Fear 2. I don't remember Valve making the game.

Um how would I know that you have to get it threw steam. And why do you need to go threw steam to download a patch for Fear 2. I don't remember Valve making the game.
FEAR 2 is linked to Steam. The game is patched through Steam, and you launch it through Steam as well.

If you bought the game you'd know because its a Steamworks game. Meaning it forces you to use Steam.

If you bought the game you'd know because its a Steamworks game. Meaning it forces you to use Steam.
Steamworks doesn't necessarily force you to use Steam, actually. For example, UT3 is a Steamworks game but does not require Steam to be installed. It depends on the particular application.

Steamworks doesn't necessarily force you to use Steam, actually. For example, UT3 is a Steamworks game but does not require Steam to be installed. It depends on the particular application.

A lot of Steamworks games require it, but you're right. Dark Messiah is another one of those that don't require Steam even though its a Steamwork's game. Prey as well.

Well if you got the game through Steam it updates through Stem just fine. First thing I did was turn off the film grain. Not really a big deal but I like it better.

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

Difficulty of Hard mode has been increased

Implemented a toggle for switching between widescreen (16:9) and full screen (4:3) in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu

Implemented a toggle for head bob in Options|Game Settings

Implemented a toggle for film grain in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu

Leaving a multiplayer lobby now returns the player to the associated multiplayer menu instead of the front end main menu

Applied fix for energy weapon audio causing lag

Applied fix for team balancing host options not being applied properly

Changing team swap during selection and grace periods to swap at the next spawn

Applied fix for team name showing as "undefined" after swapping teams

Good start but still no 16:10 support and still no dedicated servers for multiplayer which really does not bode well for its future given the obvious decline in activity I've seen over the last couple of weeks.

At least there's some kind of signs here of some support and life so I'm still fairly optimistic. :)

nice patch. game does support 16:10. Think you guys mean. Remove the black bars :O

I didn't understand what people were talking about Film Grain till I turned it off. Wow, big difference. Looks much better with it off.

Back