Eyfinity and KVM's?

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
I tried searching for this, but could not pin down the terminology... so....

Say if you have an Eyefinity setup running, and you have two desktop PC's, and you want to switch between the two, but both have triple monitor setups, do they make a single KVM switch that has 3 DVI ports on it, and with one push of the button, switches the display to the other PC across ALL THREE MONITORS AT ONCE? I already have a 2 port DVI+USB GeFen KVM but it only works for one monitor for two PC's. I am looking for a solution to switch between two PC's and 3 monitors. One PC is the gaming rig, only gaming with Eyefinity, and the second desktop PC is for business/office use, it will have a dual DVI PCI-e video card and a PCI video card. And NO, I am not going to use VGA and push the source button on two monitors all the time, PUH-LEASE... cause I know some nub is gonna say that.

I would also like an answer to this, although I only need my business/office PC to use the middle monitor.

It seems like "dual head" units (e.g. 2-4 computers <-> 2 monitors) are fairly common (e.g. IOGear GCS1644) but triples seem more difficult to find. I suspect that the requested switching could be accomplished by an 8x8 matrix product, but the price would be very steep indeed. The most cost effective solution might be to combine the (2 computer <-> one monitor) switch that you have with a "dual head" unit and cobble up a single mechanical switch (or programmable remote) to trigger both at once. Sorry I don't know of something more elegant.

Back