Eyestrain

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
4,511
For some reason I've got flickering on multimonitors now. Is there a way to fix this? I tried to do 'reset to factory default' on ccc, but it doesn't fix the flicker anymore?
It looks like this is no longer returning CCC to a locked state for some weird reason.
 
From your hardware specs I'm gonna assume these are going to be silly questions, but I figure I'd throw them out there anyway just to get it out of the way...

Are you running your monitors at native resolution?
And you are not using an analog VGA cable?
 
From your hardware specs I'm gonna assume these are going to be silly questions, but I figure I'd throw them out there anyway just to get it out of the way...

Are you running your monitors at native resolution?

Yes.

And you are not using an analog VGA cable?

No. 1 Displayport out and 1 DVI out.

The flicker started after I pulled one of my 5970s, since 10.3A doesn't properly support CrossfireX.

Now it appears there's nothing I can do to get rid of the Flicker. I can't disable overdrive or put the 'lock' back on no matter how many times I hit 'restore factory defaults'.

I also just tried uninstalling my current driver. Running cleansweep. Then reinstalling 10.3A. Flicker on multi-monitor is still HERE.

There's some way I can configure the flicker to go away with a profile hack right?

Oh and can somebody make some sense of these screenshots? I swear I'm seeing 400/1000 for GPU1 but the screen grab definitely says 550/1010??
And why does GPU2 say 000/000?! And what is with the doubled/offcentered image? It doesn't look that way in person.

GPU1
gpu1.jpg


GPU2
gpu2.jpg


10.3a really baffles me. It has found innovative new ways to screw with me?!
 
Last edited:
Did you try swapping the 5970s to see if the one you removed suffers the same problem?
 
Did you try swapping the 5970s to see if the one you removed suffers the same problem?

That's not going to be possible. I just sold my other 5970 today.
I put it up for sale this Wednesday and sold it this Friday.
That's pretty fast! :)

Now I'm all set to get the 4GB 5970 model whenever that comes out... LOL.
 
Back
Top