"Eyesafe®" displays/laptops

Roflcopter_Down

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone see/experience any Eyesafe displays. My eyes are getting (slightly) worse as I age. Gazing into bright blue led backlights for hours can't be good, despite exercise and hearty diet of liver and raw eggs for retinol and other eye opening nutrients.

There isn't much info or talk out there about this in the years they've been out. I think it's mostly a dell gimmick but some others have the cert.

I saw the new dell 9770 has it and reviews say the screen is a real looker although I hate dells xps throttling nonsense so I am very wary to try one.

https://eyesafe.com/bluelight/

I just get the blue light blocker and anti-glare coating built into my glasses.

A simple google search tells you that apart from possibly helping people sleep, there are no known dangers to eye health regarding blue light.

There is ZERO science to back that blue light damages your eyes, nothing at all! It is all marketing BS to have people charge you more for nothing.

What blue light does do is screw up your circadian rhythm, that on its own though, means do not look at ANY displays a few hours before going to bed.

What you need to do is give your eyes a break if you are having trouble when looking at a screen, its something like look at least 20 feet away as often as you can to help your eyes refocus. Also the quality of your monitor may also help, and the angle you are sitting and distance from it. Do not sit in a dark room with nothing on but the monitors, (same with watching TV) it does strain your eyes.

Back